Biolyn

viperfish

Reaction score
Has anyone yet to look into this product or use it?? I'm thinking about adding it in with my revivogen and nizoral. I have heard some good things about it and figured why not. Do a search on yahoo and you can find out more about it.

jrg

Established Member
Reaction score
Thats the question I'm asking too if you read my other postings. I have been using both finasteride and Biolyn for slightly more than 3 weeks but I am still shedding. I'm not sure if this is male pattern baldness shed or the effects of the treatment. This product is very new and I doubt there's a lot of information on the web. It dosen't help that the ingredients are a closely guarded secret... smells fishy. Anyway I am of the impression that this is a legit product purely because its invented by a medical faculty from a fairly reputable university. That said, this topical remains untested in the form of FDA-like clinical trials. But the same can be said of revivogen etc.

viperfish

Reaction score
The ingredients to the product I thought I found on their main website. The shedding could be because of either product. I would like to think that the shedding is due mainly to propecia, but who really knows?? Probably a good sign though.

viperfish

Reaction score
Biolyn topical serum ingredients; Not a closely guarded secret:

Ingredients: Deionized water, bio-transformed peptides and saccharides, aloe vera gel, cetyl alcohol, propylene glycol, myristyl myristate, ceteareth alcohol, glyceryl stearate, dimethicone, isopropyl myristate, hydrogenated squalane, carbomer, methyl paraben, triethanolamine, benzyl alcohol, tocopherol acetate, methyl/propyl paraben, BHT.

biotransformed peptides and saccharides??? I would think these are peptides and saccharides that have been transformed into smaller particulates to gain entry into the follicle, thereby possibly creating an active shield to defend aganist DHT.?

aloe vera gel: good for inflammation.

Then alcohol (transport system) and a bunch of preservatives.

I don't know, after really looking at the ingredients it does not impress me much. Unless like you said that they are not listing some of the ingredients.

jrg

Established Member
Reaction score
That's what I am saying. "Biotransformed peptides and saccharides" are the active ingredients and they can be anything.

This thing seems to act like spironolactone but the public relations guy said its not.

Andrew

Established Member
Reaction score
biolyn veteran

I am a biolyn veteran.

I add it into my shampoo and wash. been doing that for 1 year now

dht

Reaction score
Biolyn doesnt seem to work for me

viperfish said:
Has anyone yet to look into this product or use it?? I'm thinking about adding it in with my revivogen and nizoral. I have heard some good things about it and figured why not.

Have been using it for about 10 months now - no noticable growth but no excessive shedding either. Noted that the frontal area (above the temple nearer the sides) there has been slightly more hair loss compared to 10 months ago.
None of the scalp irritations from using this product as reported by some users of Min.

Thinking of switching to Min.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
viperfish said:
Biolyn topical serum ingredients; Not a closely guarded secret:

Ingredients: Deionized water, bio-transformed peptides and saccharides, aloe vera gel, cetyl alcohol, propylene glycol, myristyl myristate, ceteareth alcohol, glyceryl stearate, dimethicone, isopropyl myristate, hydrogenated squalane, carbomer, methyl paraben, triethanolamine, benzyl alcohol, tocopherol acetate, methyl/propyl paraben, BHT.
Sweet, that's what I added to my homemade spironolactone. Also I don't know if anyone knows this but most organic aloe veras contain green tea extract... Maybe this helps?

dht

Reaction score
jrg said:
But you are also using propecia...

Your point being? (sorry I missed the point) Would like to add that propecia was used inconsistently - on & off in part due to indiscipline and also due to cost. Have decided to take finasteride more consistently now (circa Sept 04) & switch to more economical Proscar once the Propecia tabs are used up.

jrg

Established Member
Reaction score
Guess I was thinking the propecia you are using is not effective also and who knows what will happen if both are used together. But anyway...

Did you use Biolyn consistently? What makes you use it in the first place? Have you heard any successful stories?

dht

Reaction score
My plan is to give propecia another go consistently for another year and see how it goes. My experience with propecia over the past year tells me that in my case, used consistently at best it might help with maintaining what i have got but not growth (also given that my male pattern baldness is hereditary).

Back to your question, I used Biolyn consistently @ 1x a day. I started using it as it had credible claims (product was developed by a university professor in Singapore) and was (still is) the only topical product available here that attempts to combat against DHT.
As for success stories, no personal ones to report - only those made by Biolyn's marketers and press reports. After using it for close to a year now, have to say it doesn't seem to work for me.
My brother has used Biolyn (excluding Propecia) even more often (2x a day) for a year now and also has had little success with it.
That said, the counter argument could be that if biolyn was not used, hair loss could have been greater?.

Any views on whether i should continue with Bio (a year of use should be long enough to gauge results or is it?) or just stick with Proscar?

Andrew

Established Member
Reaction score
veteran biolyn user

i would say biolyn should be used together with other more proven treatment in the market:-

please view my story:-

Andrew's story.

I am still using it after a year, and i am very happy with my condition of my hair...

I would only say that biolyn contribute to 5 - 10% of my success besides the BIG 3 + folligen