Biotin and Beta-Pantothenic acid injections

Hayley

Reaction score
I would like to know if anyone has heard of these injections

About 7 months ago, after two years of investigations, i was diagnosed with Telogen Effluvium and Androgenetic Alopecia. I am taking dianette and using minoxidyl 5% but my dermatologist at St Thomas's hospital ( i have two dermatologists, the other is in a local hospital) has suggested i consider a course of intramuscular biotin and beta-pantothenic acid.

I have searched for this on this forum and have found both things mentioned but i dont think i have found anything about them being injected. All blood tests showed everything was perfect so i am not deficient in anything. This is what i have found out:

Not licenced in the UK
No known benefit to hair loss

Thats all i know :dunno: Since it was suggested 7 months ago i have struggled to get this. I have to get it from an international pharmacist (which is fine) using a prescription and have to pay for it myself. But the struggle is getting someone to administer it. My GP is willing to inject it to me but he knows nothing about the treatment, ie benefits, how much to inject or where. And there is also the question of funding. There have been countless letters between my GP and the local dermatologist but still no resolution as yet.

Minoxidyl and dianette are working fine for me, lots of improvement but i still have a big way to go. Is it worth bothering with?