Biotin doasge?

alec baldwin

Reaction score
I'm also interested in what is the ideal dosage of biotin for hair. At the moment I'm taking 5 mg twice daily. I suppose it's a bit too much. Perhaps 2 mg once a day is enough. There are time release versions but from I've read they yield no additional benefit and can be hard on liver.

2.5mg is ideal dose for Biotin for hairs.

Where have you got this information?

beaner

Reaction score
are you sure ^? ive seen people consume it in the GRAMS daily range

Really? Where? Biotin supplements are usually sold in either microgram or milligram doses. I've never, ever, heard of anyone taking it by the gram wich is 1000 times more than a milligram. I'm fairly certain it isn't even sold in that dosage. I believe you are mistaken

Stefan_88

Reaction score
I'm also interested in what is the ideal dosage of biotin for hair. At the moment I'm taking 5 mg twice daily. I suppose it's a bit too much. Perhaps 2 mg once a day is enough. There are time release versions but from I've read they yield no additional benefit and can be hard on liver.

Where have you got this information?

Thats what my dermatologist told me. (2 or 3 doctors said the same things about Biotin and 2.5 mg is enough dose.)

it makes sense considering this study about 2.5 mg Biotin.

Authors: Floersheim GL.

Institution: Dermatologie FMH, Rennweg 15,CH-4052 Basel; Switzerland.

Title: "An examination of the effect of biotin on alopecia and hair quality"

Source: Zeitschrift fur Hautkrankheiten. Vol 67(3) (pp 246-252+255), 1992.

Abstract: "The effect of a daily oral dose of 2,5 mg biotin was studied in 93 patients with the symptoms hair-loss (mostly androgenetic alopecia) and reduced hair quality. The mean duration of treatment was 7,9 +/- 2,8 months. An obvious improvement of hair-loss was reported in 64%, and a slight improvement in 9%. Hair quality was clearly improved in 70% and slightly in 12%. Brittle finger nails as an additional complaint were improved in 80%. If alopecia, decreased hair quality and brittle finger nails occurred in combination, improvement was observed frequently collectively. The study allows - as already shown in a previous investigation concerning brittle finger nails - to suggest biotin as an effective and well tolerated therapy in cases of alopecia and decreased hair quality."