Biotin Dosages. As Well As Zinc B6 Doses Etc

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What's the general consensus on Biotin these days? I've got the 1000 'ug', whatever measurements that is? Is the 300 too weak?

And are you all still on the Zinc and B6/12, if so please can you let me know how much you take without it being too much? Presume the Multis are no good?

Keratin? Iron, B Complex, Vit C and D, any of them needed?

Let me know please, thanks

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
From my understanding of biotin, it will make your skin break out and do nothing for your hair follicles

rafiles

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello, do you have hair loss, or you want only maintain your status, whatever
Biotin 5mg up to 10 - 12mg
Zinc 10mg - <=50mg
Iron 10mg
and Vitamin E 50 -200mg
Vitamin C D Keratin (not so much needed for hair loss as I know)
Vitamin B - You can take as much as you can - if too much rest will go out (urinate)

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
From my understanding of biotin, it will make your skin break out and do nothing for your hair follicles

It just makes my hair grow quickly--wont make new hair grow or regrow or stop hair loss...but if you are treating hair with minoxidil or other stuff it helps to grow hair quicker.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It just makes my hair grow quickly--wont make new hair grow or regrow or stop hair loss...but if you are treating hair with minoxidil or other stuff it helps to grow hair quicker.

I don't think growing it quicker is any plus, the longer hair is it makes it look thinner for me.... I'd heard it makes existing hair thicker but for speeding up growth then no, that's no advantage unless it's new hair?

in what dosages?

Hello, do you have hair loss, or you want only maintain your status, whatever
Biotin 5mg up to 10 - 12mg
Zinc 10mg - <=50mg
Iron 10mg
and Vitamin E 50 -200mg
Vitamin C D Keratin (not so much needed for hair loss as I know)
Vitamin B - You can take as much as you can - if too much rest will go out (urinate)

No, quite a bit of loss, thanks for these dosages. What's the other one, MSM?
So the Biotin I have here that is 1000ug in a conversion is only 1MG? Meaning it should be 10 times that much? I bought the H&B one which was 1000ug at £15 as opposed to the 300ug at £5. Is that still not enough? Wish they'd label them in mg instead of ug....

I took some Volgar Saw Palmetto years ago and it knocked me out like I had flu. Weird experience

Last edited: