Biotin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bob Chylan said:
Does it have any benefits for aiding hair?

Google:
"biotin hair growth"
"About 5,470,000 results (0.20 seconds) "

yeah.. it probably does something altough it's no use against male pattern baldness...

Bob Chylan

Reaction score
Yes not by itself obviously. I am wondering if it would be worth throwing into my reg. I do not want to spend money on it if it is not actually going to help out

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Authors: Floersheim GL.
Institution: Dermatologie FMH, Rennweg 15,CH-4052 Basel; Switzerland.
Title: "An examination of the effect of biotin on alopecia and hair quality"
Source: Zeitschrift fur Hautkrankheiten. Vol 67(3) (pp 246-252+255), 1992.

The effect of a daily oral dose of 2,5 mg biotin was studied in 93 patients with the symptoms hair-loss (mostly androgenetic alopecia) and reduced hair quality. The mean duration of treatment was 7,9 +/- 2,8 months. An obvious improvement of hair-loss was reported in 64%, and a slight improvement in 9%. Hair quality was clearly improved in 70% and slightly in 12%. Brittle finger nails as an additional complaint were improved in 80%. If alopecia, decreased hair quality and brittle finger nails occurred in combination, improvement was observed frequently collectively. The study allows - as already shown in a previous investigation concerning brittle finger nails - to suggest biotin as an effective and well tolerated therapy in cases of alopecia and decreased hair quality.