Bitten the bullet! 30 y/o

L J

Reaction score
Hey all, bit of background info..... I've had thin hair for as long as I can remember although didn't start losing any until my early twenties.
It's been getting progressively worse since, two years ago I started on minoxidil although was never really consistent with it. At this point it wasn't too bad, I could style my hair to hide the receding hairline however over the past 6 months it's gone CRAZY!
3 months ago I split with my GF of 12 years which was (still is a little) majorly stressful for me, lost my house etc. At this point I couldn't style my hair without ending up with a handfull :shock:, bathroom floor was like a rug after a couple of days....
I decided I had to hit it from all angles, so 1 month ago started on finasteride at 1 mg e.o.d, nizoral e.o.d, continued with the minoxidil (although it seems to make my forehead wrinkles much more pronounced), RegenPure shampoo twice daily and a few other vits etc.

As of this week I feel the shedding has slowed down greatly, the loss in such a short space of time is pretty difficult to deal with but I'm hoping it means I have a chance of it recovering at least some over the next 12 months.
I'm going to take some pics every 3 months, this first set nearly brought me to tears LOL

Wish me luck!

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 183
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 174
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 175

badgenetics1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try being 20 with hair like that. I would go ahead and start taking finasteride ED.

Agreed with taking finasteride every day. If you want to be on a smaller dose, take .5 mg every day as opposed to 1 mg e.o.d.

Also, given that you've undergone a pretty stressful event, it's possible your recent hair loss is due to that. As you move on and have less stress, the recent hair that you lost could come back.