Black Cohosh

sarcs

Reaction score
Well I read some good things about Black Cohosh, so I bought it. Did the same typical routine where I typically shave, continue to do so until a few weeks into treatment and see if anything promising is happening.

I am a diffuse thinner, the whole scalp over, my hair loss has slowed down in recent years. I added the BC twice a day to my regimen and doubled my Saw Palmetto dosage to second brown soft cap. I doubt regrowth is possible for me at this point and I didn't really see any of that. In the last couple of years ive seen my hair start to take that lighter color of thinning (i have black straight hair but the hair on top was medium brownish). Although I doubt regrowth and don't think it is possible for me I got some good ancillary results.

First of all my hair is less brittle, before it would snap like twigs when I pressed it. Now it is silkier, seems to shed less, though I don't want to jump to that conclusion since I feel measuring shed is pretty placeboesque.
Second of all I got no new hair, but the hair I have left seems darker in color.
Third my scalp doesn't have those ominous feelings that I have been getting ever since I started losing my hair and I haven't been able to get rid of since.
Those are: Less itchiness, less scalp tenderness, no feeling that the balding area of my head aches, and yay almost no dandruff problem. I can go actually days without showering and still not have a rediculous out of control carpet of dandruff.
I read up on the German study on it, and found that the small increase in internally produced estrogen due to the BC can soften the scalp and reduce irritation.
Even if this doesn't stop my hairloss, if this is responsible for my recent changes, I am at least happy that i don't feel flustered from my throbbing scalp all the time.
The fact that I can go a couple days without showering now too has been really helpful for when I decide to pull out my fugly Toppik bottle. Since I have figured out, at least in personal experience, that oily moisturized hair seems better than any holding spray. I can go to the gym totally black hair blacked out if you know what I mean, and not have a bit drip down my face.
Yeah I know that was kinda a random tangent, but for those who prefer to go with the naturals I would recommend at least trying a 2 month supply.

Lol look for it under women's health and don't be surprised if it is in the womens isle with "MENOPAUSE" written on it.

Just to preempt any trolling, men do produce their own estrogen, for maturing of sperm and other cyclical processes and having a little bit more at least from what I have been told is harmless. I have also heard that it has strong benefits for OCD'rs, at least in lab rats.

Just be clear I am not advocating this as a regrower or hair loss stopper, all that I think this has possibly done for me is reduce the suck fest of irritation on my head.

GeminiX

Reaction score
I had completely forgotten about Black Cohosh :)

I used to use this years ago as a precursor to starting on stonger medication; who knows, maybe it helped with the fairly fast response I had.