Black tea doses

dioniso

Reaction score
Guys,

I finally found out the dose that could be sufficient to get some results in humans. Many get it wrong because they convert doses based on weight, but...
The truth is that we have to focus on the surface, and by that I mean how much room we fill. That's the way to do it, because tea gets in our blood, so we have to consider our vascular surface.
We don't have to calculate the body mass but the Body Surface Area (BSA), check this out: http://www.fasebj.org/content/22/3/659.full

A mouse gets 900mg a day (0,9 grams).
Here's the formula for dose translation based on BSA: http://www.fasebj.org/content/...659/F1.expansion.html
Which is :

animal dose (900mg) times [ animal Km (3) divided by human Km (37)]

Thus

900 times 0,08 equals 72,9 mg ------> 0,07 grams

We only need 0,07 grams of black tea a day to obtain results. That's less than a cup a day. But it takes consistency and you have to be patient.

Have been drinking 3 cups of black tea a day for 2 weeks now and noticing some baby hair on hairline. Also, having saw palmetto twice a day for 4 weeks now.

Good luck!!!

Please do the calculations on your own...maybe I did some mistakes!

maximiliandreams

Established Member
Reaction score
i am sorry,but for me this is CRAP !

abcdefg

Reaction score
Okay so for for your first ever post you decided to tell us about drinking black tea? Okay well come back in a few years after your bald and let us know how that goes. Just keep in mind you can not regrow lost hair once its gone its generally gone for good with current treatments.

K

Kirby

England has plenty of baldies, so drinking black tea can't be that good for countering male pattern baldness...

asdf_man

Reaction score
I've been drinking black tea since I was a kid (10 maybe) and I'm 18 now and have been suffering from some very aggressive diffuse thinning for the past couple years so I don't think that black tea is gonna do any large help in hair loss; I'm sure it might be decent as a supplement but I wouldn't expect any miracles tbh.

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've been drinking (black) tea heavily since I was young, well before my male pattern baldness started.

Trust me, I can say on behalf of all baldies in the UK, this is nonsense. IT DOESN'T HELP.

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Oh because milk somehow counteracts the magic of the tea?

:stupid:

Be aware the UK media's reporting of so called 'studies' is basically horseshit (and I'm sure it's not much better elsewhere). A nice chap called Ben Goldacre has a lot to say about the so called 'science' our papers routinely print.

Check out his site at:
http://www.badscience.net

I recommend his book 'Bad Science'.

slurms mackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
hairhoper said:
Oh because milk somehow counteracts the magic of the tea?

Take a chill pill man, that's what the German study said I don't see why you seem to be offended by it, and don't put that annoying icon up, you wouldn't speak to me like that in person.

I can't say whether or not black tea helps with hair loss because i don't have the data, but the fact is adding milk to tea changes it's properties and when they where doing studies with mice do you think they were asking the mice how many sugars they wanted and how much milk there was?

Therefore if somebody is recreating the results of some test, would it not make sense to use the same kind of tea in the test? You would not add variables.

All i was doing was offering more information for people out there.

For the record i don't think black tea, that is tea without milk, is going to affect your hairloss.

Another article on tea with milk but regarding weight loss, make of it what you will.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healt ... -loss.html

brunetta33

Reaction score
I don't doubt you. As for the naysayers in ref to UK, that tea is broken down by sugar and milk. Look at Asians' hair: they drink it straight so that is how I've been. I generally shed like crazy for the last 8 summers. This summer I began doing the black tea hair rinse. I left it on for an hour the first time. Did a few mini-rinses other times. Not much shedding like before and there's no other explan because it has been as hot as heck here, as usual every July and Aug.