Blackmarket's Story - (34 / Propecia is unnerving)

Blackmarket

Reaction score
I first became aware of my hair loss when I was 21. My friends teased me, they said my temples were receding. I'm 34 now and at that time that had a profound effect on my confidence, because there was an element of truth. At the time there were no solutions that i was aware of apart from hair transplants. i knew someone who had this treatment and it looked terrible. He was teased constantly.
So I decided to hide my hair, I either wore a cap or I pushed my hair forward.This affected my social life and relationships with girls. Though it didn't dominate my life it was always in the background.I thought I would be bald by the time I was 25,that wasn't the case and I thinned at the temple area slower than I thought I would.I always wanted to do something about hair loss but the advances were not good enough,whilst I was young I could hide the receding hairline but 13 months ago I decided to do something proactive. My hairloss was a Norwood 2/3.It was becomming more aggressive,and from research via the internet I realised new treatments were available. I was particularly interested in Propecia and the procedure of hair transplant. It seemed like a perfect match,I stop losing more hair/possibly regrow some hair and partaking in a hair transplant procedure I could restore a natural looking hairline. Since I was a teenager my temple area always consisted of very fine fair hair,and the possibility of a normal hairline was amazing.
So I started taking 1 Propecia tablet a day, and saving money for a hair transplant. 13 months later and I've noticed a massive drop in my sex drive,much less semen, and erectile problems though sex is still a part of my life. the desire seems to have gone....
Cue more research and i see this is common issue amongst Propecia users/former users. Also I seemed to have suddenly lost more hair at the temple:Is this shedding??? So now I'm going to stop taking Propecia as I don't like the side effects. I'm seriously considering a skinhead as I don't want to use lotions/regaine if the result is minor or the regime is timeconsuming/expensive. And if I have a hair transplant and my hair loss becomes more aggressive then i could be stuck in a vicious cycle of never ending treatments. Though I really want to keep my hair. So I will reduce my dosage as of today and cut out Propecia altogether when I run out of tablets. I will look into other treatments and post photos of my hair so you can advise me on treatment.I don't want to give up yet but i'm new to this site andhttp: