BlahBlah12's story - (PICS included)

BlahBlah12

Established Member
Reaction score
Diagnosed orginally in 2004 with Telogen Effluvium. Told minoxidil might help
Still believed I had male pattern baldness, but I figured alright, give it some time.
September 05- Hair thickened up probably around 80%. I say this because while it was thicker and darker, the texture at times especially at the vertex still felt thinner. Hairs along the hairline thickened up. Not sure if I actually regrew, but complete thickening of existing hairs.

about 5 months into 5% xandrox

about a year into 5% xandrox. Problem area by hairline indicated by red arrow. Wasnt able to fully regrow a real dense hairline near that arrow, but the hairs behind got thick enough to cover it up.

About 2.5~3 years into xandrox, I found that my hair wasnt feeling as thick as it had gotten.
I moved up to xandrox15 at the end of april this year, so 4.5 months ago.

Hair today is very long, but just doesnt feel as thick. The density doesnt seem to be there like it was the first 2 years of xandrox. it kinda just flows down when hairspray is in it. No real body to it. you can see how it kinda just falls onto itself
September of this year: 4.5 months on Xandrox15

The vertex was a problem as well.
Vertex in September '06

Vertex March 08

I cant say the vertex has gotten much worse maybe it has or maybe the lighting is more intense being that it was directly overhead in the 2nd pic, but its just the overall crown, vertex, hairline...everything on top seems to have gotten very "fluffy" feeling. So i decided to go back to the hair Doctor who orginally diagnosed me to request propecia. The hair Doctor is a dermatologist specializing in hair who works at a hair transplant doctors office.
When i got there, it was a new doctor who wasnt convinced i had male pattern baldness. She brought me back to meet with who i guess was the consultant for the hair transplant Doctor. Anyways, he did what ive been wanting to have done for years...he used one of those microscopes to chart for miniaturization. We looked all over the crown for signs of minitiurization and to my astonishment, all my hairs were pretty much the same exact density and thick.

He said that theres no miniaturization on my head, however he noticed that my hair was going blonde. To me, this indicated early male pattern baldness...but the hairs were still of the same diameter as the thick terminal dark hairs, just blonde....Is this normal? I know its summertime and im out in the sun a lot but still...hairs turning completely blonde???!!! I also made him look at my hairline, which is what im most self conscious about and he told me that the left side of my hairline has some miniaturization but nothing that is to be concerned with at this time or indicates that im going bald. He told me to get on heavy doses of biotin before he would give me propecia. However, when i got home I realized my daily vitamins has the same amount of biotin in it that he prescribed.

I assure you, i think my hair feels thinner and im positive i have male pattern baldness. How can these results be explained...theres no logical explanation as to why my hair feels so soft and downy compared to what it used to be. Either way, im going for a second opinion and i want to have my hair mapped out again on that miscroscope. it was cool as hell. Opinions? :lost:

BlahBlah12

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Need some help with diagnosis- My story

any clue as to why the photos are not showing...if you right click them, get the address, and copy and paste it into browser they work.. but theyre not showing up on this thread

Petchsky

Reaction score

Are you pressing 'copy link location' and pasting it between the two img img?

Petchsky

Reaction score

The vertex looks fine, but the front looks like it is receding, albeit at a slow pace. You have caught it very early and that's why it's hard for people to spot that you have started male pattern baldness. If your hair feels different, then it probably is, i think we just know when something does not feel right. Hair does sometimes just go blonde, some of the stuble on my chin turns ginger, f*** knows why as i have brown hair.

You could wait and see if it gets worse, otherwise find an internet pharmacy for the cheapest propecia/proscar/finpecia, all different types.

Petchsky

Reaction score

How old are you?

BlahBlah12

Established Member
Reaction score

Petchsky said:
How old are you?
im 27 now.
knock on wood, the recession has been quite slow. i first noticed it occuring when i was around 23, a year before the Doctor made the Telogen Effluvium diagnosis.
perhaps the minoxidil has kept it at bay these past 3 years. i remember a doctor i went to in 2004 telling me im just starting to recede very slightly, 4 years later i just got told the same thing which is a good thing i guess

but yea my hair definately feels much different. the only time i was a little reminded of how it used to feel was the first 2 years of using xandrox. i had forgotten how much courser it felt. Within the last year, it feels more like it did before starting xandrox.
As for the internet pharms, i would rather get propecia from a genuine pharmacy. too many people in the propecia forum question whether their meds are real, and others wonder if the reason they didnt get results with their finasteride due to the fact they got sold bogus drugs.

saving the money isnt really worth it to me if theres a chance my stuffs not legit

Wisdom

Reaction score
Re: Need some help with diagnosis- My story PICS included

Your hair is good for your age. I would suggest leaving it for now. Then if you think more hairs are starting to fall out id get on the big 3 to stop any more hair loss.

Hope that helps.

Naltima

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Need some help with diagnosis- My story PICS included

I can't believe you have 51 posts on this forum.