blake's story, 22years old

baldyblake

Reaction score
hi all!, my name is blake and been suffering with hairloss for 2 years maybe a bit more.
one of those things where you dont notice untill its really getting a bit "late" :shock: :shakehead: .
to be honest its a last chance saloon as i have left this problem too long, i have become quite depressed aswell due to my confidence going out of the window.
mainly confidence issue is that people my age are not experiencing hairloss and really makes me feel worse inside myself, only way to feel better is not to see my friends, or i see them and my hairloss plays every second on my mind.

i dont know if i should take anti depressants to take my mind off this (never taken before so not a clue what they are like).

i have looked up propecia (finisteride) and it seems there is a website dedicated to problems from using it (sexual and mental issues??)

i was looking at dutasteride and not sure what to make of it, i would like a regime of dutasteride and minoxidil overall but i'm hoping you guys could shed some light on this.

i would try propecia but from the ammount of issues ive read about it it sound like a maybe, mainly one thing scared me was that it can provoke cancer? (close family member passed away from cancer),

if a dutasteride and minoxidil regime would be suitable i am in the UK so would i need to contact my GP and get a pescription?

i have attatched a couple of pics of how bad it is getting, i have a average shot and a lovely frizzy close up.
at this rate by next year it will be the grade one on the clippers lol

thanks for the time guys,
having this forum here has let the big issues off my chest and just hope to feel happier in the years to come.

blake

Attachments

• DSC00023.JPG
    DSC00023.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 170
  • DSC00024.JPG
    DSC00024.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 157

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
Get some finasteride or you're going to lose a lot more. you probably won't have side effects or minor ones.

baldyblake

Reaction score
TheGrayMan2001 said:
Get some finasteride or you're going to lose a lot more. you probably won't have side effects or minor ones.

hi!, thanks for your advice!, shamefully i'm uk and can only get prescription drugs by the looks of things, is there any where i could buy 5mg online opposed to 1mg propecia with no prescription?, as i'd love to help my many issues in life the big problem is money so if i could get it cheaper that would help.
same problem with minoxidil, can see a few brands on ebay but not sure if legit/best? (there is kirkland brand, 3mnth supply which seems good value??)
i would feel confident to buy if i know recommended places as i dont want to waste 8 months or more on some fake/immitation drug and lose more hair.
please help shed some light on this anyone

thanks again

blake

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
Get on finasteride/minoxidil asap. You have a serious temple loss, you must act immediately. Many people do not experience side effects, and even if they do, sides disappear/become manageable after 3-4 months. Get one from your local pharmacy to make sure it is legit.

Kirkland on e-bay is a good value, and it works.. buy 3 months package and see what happens! Start asap!

baldyblake

Reaction score
hi zeroheat!, i had a look at your treatment regime and i love to say you have brilliant hair regrowth!! :punk: , i am going to cross fingers and hope that whatever i do is a positive move, i am going to speak to my GP tomorrow about getting a perscription and ive just bought a 3month supply of minoxidil :) .

i am guessing if i went through my GP they would give me 1mg propecia?, as i heard 5mg finistaride seems to be a good bargain because you split them?

is there a good website i could buy finistaride to deliver to uk?, if not i will have to go to my GP as this cant wait any more.

zeroheat thanks for the support/advice again!

blake