blazedjin's Story (Accutane related hair loss)

blazedjin

Reaction score
Hey, I took accutane for 2 months both on low dosage early this year (20mg-30mg) and have been shedding for 7 months period so far. I recently went to the derm. and he diagnosed me with diffuse alopecia areata by just using his hand and touching my hair rather than a scalp biopsy. When I mentioned the possibility of Telogen Effluvium he gave me a look like it was impossible and was sure accutane sometimes cause AA. Recently I've been only using Nizoal and Lidex (fluocinonide) for my hair loss and not sure if its beneficial for my case. The odd part is when I comb my hair to see my hair loss I tend to lose 5-6 strands but in the showers alone Im losing anywhere from 40-50 strands?

I have been paying attention to my hair line and after a few months some of the hair I've lost have regrown and still intact. Maybe this is good news? My derm is confident that this temporary and told me not to read so much into this online, but I don't have much confidence in his words. What should I do in this situation? I was told by someone online that alopecia areata will miniaturize your hair till its gone and Telogen Effluvium won't so propeica is my last resort. I'm aware of the big 3 but Im skeptical of going on any drug ever since accutane. What can I do? Should I just accept my fate? Anyway any input and advice would be grateful.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Re: Accutane Hair Loss

listen to your derm.