Bleached Knots? What Are They? Why Are They Good?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
What exactly are bleached knots and why do you want them?
Knots are how the hair is tied to lace. If the hair is darker than a light blond you're going to see a little ball of dark hair that is the knot. Typically they bleach the knots so that they blend in with your scalp and don't stand out like little black dots.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Knots are how the hair is tied to lace. If the hair is darker than a light blond you're going to see a little ball of dark hair that is the knot. Typically they bleach the knots so that they blend in with your scalp and don't stand out like little black dots.
So if you have dark hair you want this

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I need to add here, ONLY if the roots are visible (exposed hairline, parting, crown).

You don't need to bleach the knots of the entire system.

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mine are unbleached after the hairline and it would look awful if I parted my hair. But as already pointed out if the roots aren't visible it really doesn't matter.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Mine are unbleached after the hairline and it would look awful if I parted my hair. But as already pointed out if the roots aren't visible it really doesn't matter.

I agree the bleached knots at the hairline are the most important. If I were using lace, I'd prefer to have them all bleach, to be honest. If the wind blows or your hair is wet it would expose those unsightly black knots. I do understand there is a trade-off though, as you are weakening the hair but ...just my opinion....

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Agreed in some ways. But I can't say it bothers me any. It's unlikely that the wind blows my hair given the length and that it is weighted down with leave in conditioner.

What base do you use by the way?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Agreed in some ways. But I can't say it bothers me any. It's unlikely that the wind blows my hair given the length and that it is weighted down with leave in conditioner.

What base do you use by the way?
.03 Poly