Blondilocks' Story - (age 21, help required (Norwood2 -3)

Blondilocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I’m writing not for advice as such but more for any messages of support because I’ve now searched this site high & low for advice and similar stories. I feel at a complete loss and find myself completely neurotic looking at pictures of me last Summer sporting a full head of hair enjoying myself now 6/7 months on my left temple stretching back to the middle of my head is a shadowy recession with the hair line on that temple gone. The right side of my head seems very healthy with no sign of recession other than a sporting norwood 2.
With my dad being a norwood 3 in his 50’s and one uncle a norwood 2 and other brother a norwood 6 im obvisouly got the genes for it but never saw it coming. I started Rogaine last September off and on for about 8 weeks stopped for 4 weeks then re-started for another 6 weeks then gave in as my scalp turned into an itchy red blur of dandruff. I find it hard to believe in hindsight that I only started using rogaine to combat a norwood 2 with the hope of bringing my hair line forward so nieave and immature and vain. Because I subsequently lost my hairline and found myself battling a full on norwood 3. Due to the oily red inflamed scaly mess that rogaine did I avoided it went back to ‘Boots Pharmacy’ where the lady then said that you could infact lose hair to begin with using regaine at this point I was past neurotic my only alternative seemed like hitting the Propecia she said she’d seen people have regrowth on the hairline corners and higher temple region.
This was fine infact if I could just stick with a norwood 2 I’d be delighted I could go back to normal so I started propecia and one month back went for my check up, no side effects just a bit of breast tenderness which she said to expect. 6th week and I suddenly had a week of painful ejaculation. This went away then 11th week back again. I’ve now cut the propecia into 0.5mg have noticed big surge in libido and a bit of breast tenderness which to me signals a change in hormonal levels but as far as my hair is concerned its as worse as it ever has been and I’m worried that by halving the dose im halving my chances but then I’d consider painful ejac a serious side.
Another point im trying to keep in mind is that an old saying with hairloss treatment is that it gets worse before it gets better an considering ive gone from a thick full head to a destroyed hairline on one side then maybe im suffering a shed and an area that was weak is being strengthened before it returns, however I find this hard to belive and a very optimistic view on things as even though I quit the regaine before Christmas the hair I lost on that has never come back.
Taking a pill or doing anything is a constant reminder and im always looking in a mirror sometimes 3 times an hour an I feel like I have completely lost the plot. I’m now at my 3 month point on propecia and am unsure what to do next appearantly propecia works better on younger people im 21 with my hairloss being within 6 months although the minturization has probably been going on longer?? Really could do with some words of wisdom on this one, I know nothings a quick fix but when your neurotically checking every few hours months seem like years. Anyway enough rambling I just wanted to get it off my chest and hear from others

I also noticed an increase in weight but the last 4 weeks i've been running 9 miles a day and i've certainly shifted that!! but i've also read this could be increasing my testosterone?? and that being overweight stores more testosterone an ultiamtely the dht? i cant win!

Thank you for Reading and really look forward to any comments you might have