Blondilocks's Story - (22 / Quest for Success!)

Blondilocks

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to bore any readers with an indepth story into my own personal account of hairloss!, instead i intend on using this forum for a place to post what ive tried what ive experienced and my on going attempts like everybody else at controlling the beast that lurks within! And if all else fails then theres so much more to do in life!! Hair to do is no hassle tomorrow!

I'm currently Norwood 2.5 with one temple now very affected boohoo!

I'm 22 and the 1st point im interested in discussing is family similarities?. I was shown a picture of my uncle almost NW6 by 28, yet his brother my father is a NW3.5 at 56. Both of them began losing hair at the same time but my father and his other brother both have lost slowly in male pattern baldness pattern over the course of 36 years. Its like two extremes? Now its obvious to me that im on one of those roads but which one? its taken 2 years two lose alot of my thickness from the temples
and hairline in the temple area, but i still have enough overall density to keep prying eyes sated. Obviously i believe im on the worst path, or else i'd be at ease with my situation of a slow and graceful decline in follicles.

Now things i have tried:
Regaine 5% Liquid September 2007 - January 2008:
Side Effects & Reason for discontinuing: PPG iritation, Burning red Scalp, loss of forlock (shock loss of minuturising hair)

Propecia 1mg January 2007 - April 2008:
Side Effects & Reason for discontinuing:Retrograde ejaculation, Frequent need to piss and perhaps due to the previous 2 side effects a slighlty depressed feeling, oh an no libido.

Shaved head: Felt great to not worry, its clean, hassle free, and has an unerving ability in my case at least to make little out ladies cross the street
Side effects & Reason for discontinuing: i saw myself on camera!!

Regaine Foam 5% June 2008 to present.
Maintenance at best! if at all, If anything its a placebo and it lets me feel as if im doing something.

Summer 2008 I travelled and worked abroad doing outdoor manual labour, intially with shaved head and as the summer progressed i forgot about my hair altogether, other than applying the foam, and it looked great at least growing out short.

My own experiments tried:

Green Tea, Soy isoflavines and Black Tea ..... Talk about side effects i had to quit after a few days this combo meant that it was impossible to get it up. This concludes the findings of Bryan or Micheal Barry in the New treatments section!!

Currently im taking for general health and to aid in some tiny way the Daily twice a day applications of foam i'm applying:
2 x Lavender massage oil to the hairline: Since December 08
1 x Off the shelf Vitamin D 12.5 ug: January 09
1 x Omega 3 fish Oil: January 09
1 x Complete A -Z multi vitamin: January 09
Plenty of black tea: January 09

Oh and 2x week soy iso flavines.

Things in the pipe line:
Xandorox 15 plus: Based on KielMC Results, Just hoping i dont suffer the side effects from a topical dose of propecia.
spironolactone 5% Cream: If Xandrox 15 plus fails i can use in conjuction with regaine ...Why not!

Proposed Regimen:
1 x Nightly Application of Xandrox 15 plus
1 x Morning Application of Regaine Foam 5%
Lavender oil & spironolactone application at some point in the day
Oh an the hoarde of vitamins if i can be arsed to carry on with them!

Now If all this malarky fails, im going to surrender wave the white flag and climb out of the hole, and embrace life! Because if anything its a reminder to me that lifes too short nothing lasts and we should all fill our lives with exciting and worthwhile achievements. I often help out voluntarily at my local hospital and seeing others suffering truely horrendous conditions puts hair right out of my mind. If you want to begin to accept yourself, go out and help others!

Oh and Happy New Year

Thanks for reading!

monitoradiation

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Quest for Success!

Gah, sorry to hear that the GTE/Soy/BT combo didn't work out for you; I've been on the GTE/soy/BT combo for about a month and nothing's happened to my libido yet. Fingers crossed that it does ANYTHING to my hair, maybe I just don't respond to anything that tries to lower my DHT levels since finasteride didn't do anything to my libido neither. Gah. I just hope I'm one of those lucky ones that get their hair back without sides...

Tell us how the Xandrox 15% does for you; I'm interested in seeing whether or not it works at Kiel reported :3

Good luck!

Blondilocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Quest for Success!

I Know i was skocked by the rapid response i had to GTE/SF/BT combo i'm going to repeat possibly just for certainty, but hopefully my response, shows that it deffintely does something, so i hope its working for you, i'd love to know how it goes?

Blondilocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Question 1: Can anyone point out people who have had benefits off 5% spironolactone Cream. As some one who can't take propecia im very interested to see some results if any?

Question 2: Is it possible that something besides the Finestride in propecia could cause such a strong reaction? And therefore are there any instances were people who were unable to take finestride, but found duestride (avodart) side effect free?

Question 3: I llive in the UK and ordered some of Dr Lees products how long does it normally take to arrive? I ordered last monday

Petchsky

Reaction score
spironolactone 5% cream seems to give maintenance as opposed to regrowth.

Can you tell me more about this Lavender you put on your hairline? I'm planning on adding some lavender to my minoxidil, so am interested in any thoughts or experiences with it

lovemyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
Blondielocks, you have a great, positive outlook on life, wish you the best! Monty 1978, i'm the same age as you, what dosage of dutasteride do you take, Eod? Is it cost effective as opposed to proscar?

Blondilocks

Established Member
Reaction score
The Lavender Oil, is actually a Lavender Massage Oil from the body shop. Which is cool to apply because it kida stays on your scalp and smells alright.

I'm quite liberal with the application but i can see the bottle lasting forever and it only cost £7 bargin, whether it does anything i cant realistically say. I shaved my head on friday because i had one of those moments were you kinda catch yourself and think hang on thats not my head is it.... an was like right hair your coming off, and its quite good as i was expecting alot of damage but a grade 1 really does hide things and now i can really see whats going on aswell.

Ingredients:

Sweet almond oil,sesame oil, jojoba oil, lavander oil, chamomile oil,linalool, geranoil, limonene, tocopherol, antemis nobilis

I recieved my Xandrox Plus today and spironolactone. So here goes!

Thank you 'Lovemyhair' its hard keeping a postive attitude but i try to remain postive, and live life and enjoy what youve got while you have it. Nothing in life lasts.

Question: Does spironolactone give anyone a headache?
Question 2: Where does one get cheap MSM?

Petchsky

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply Blondie.

Not heard anyone report headaches from using spironolactone....sounds like a decent regimen you got going though...

I purchased some MSM from Holland and Barrett, you can get it in powder or capsule form, the powder does taste foul though, so unless you don't mind thing like that, i advise to buy the capsules. Not sure if you are in the UK or the good ole US, but it can be purchased from any shop that sells a decent range of vitamins :)

Blondilocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Have been on Xandrox just 2days and i feel very disconnected, and spaced out. I have been only applying about 0.5ml to the temple. Does anyone know if your applying a product like Xandorx 15 plus to your temple whether you can get away with alot less?. I mean presumambly someone balding across the entire scalp is still directed to apply 1ml? Can i not with a smaller area apply much less and try and minimise the effects?

Thank you

Blondilocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Have successfully got rid of sides by reducing the amount of Xandrox 15plus i apply to scalp! Brilliant!