Blood transfusion cures hair loss?

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Lets say u happened to get rid of 3/4 of yr blood and then recieve someone else blood which is not full of DHT.....will yr body adjust to the new blood and not produce DHT?

Bert

Established Member
Reaction score
Is this true?? Surely it may slow it down but your isn't it you hair follocures that are senstive to DHT? I thought all males had around the same levels just some of our are more sentsitive to it then others??

Odelay

Established Member
Reaction score
Dht in everyone after puberty, so it would not matter you would just be swapping your Dht for someone else's and since your follicles are still susceptible to Dht your hair loss would continue.

If you are willing to go to those extreme's then I suggest just cutting off a ball or two and lower the amount of Dht being created, that will show your hair who is boss.

Odelay

Established Member
Reaction score
Dht is in everyone after puberty, so it would not matter you would just be swapping your Dht for someone else's and since your follicles are still susceptible to Dht your hair loss would continue. Anyways your body would adjust Dht levels back to what they were in your body before transfusion within a short amount of time, so it would be worthless.

If you are willing to go to those extreme's then I suggest just cutting off a ball or two and lower the amount of Dht being created, that will show your hair who is boss.

outgrowth

Established Member
Reaction score
of course not guys!!

it's in your DNA to produce more Testosterone, more 5AR's and more DHT, and to have 'more sensitive follicles'.. as soon as you make a tranfusion, your body will again start producing all that above..

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well some things u have missed out guys...When i said blood meant blood from children or infants, someone not yet been thru puberty..or maybe even females...so long the blood matches....BTW if u do a blood donation or transfusion, then immediately start propecia treatmnent..dont u think it may work?...

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
chewbaca said:
Lets say u happened to get rid of 3/4 of yr blood and then recieve someone else blood which is not full of DHT.....will yr body adjust to the new blood and not produce DHT?

If you lost 3/4 of your blood you would be dead. If you managed to survive and get someone elses blood with les DHT your body would produce the chemicals such as testosterone and the enzyme that converts testosterone to DHT and it would go back to normal over a period of time.
Your blood does not produce anything it is produced by your body.