BLOODY SHEDDING!!!!

shutterlad

Reaction score
Hey guys....

Been on minoxidil twice a day (5%), and finasteride once a day 1.25mg been on this for over year, nothing has changed and then all of sudden hair shedding has started. just a few hairs to start with but now each time i touch my hair there are a few in my hand!!!...was on RU too but stopped as I was have chest pains from it. so any ideas or feedback right now would be so so good, cos I am all outa ideas

firstpost

Banned
Reaction score
Well minoxidil stops working after 2 years. Since you have been applying twice a day for a year, could it be that it minoxidil stopped working for you after 1 year?

Or maybe it is just finasteride shed that will regrow stronger?

firstpost

Banned
Reaction score
It could go either way man. Could be minoxidil became useless, could be finasteride shed, could be finasteride upregulating your androgen receptors in follicles. Who the hell knows?

Keep doing what you are doing now and wait 1-2 months. If your shed doesn't subside, change your regimen.

theycallmemrroger

Reaction score
Hopefully shedding stops but as everyone said they could grow back stronger but I haven't really heard of shedding from minoxidil.

shutterlad

Reaction score
I have no idea what is causing this now...everything was grand, i was maintaining and almost forgot about the problem, and the the f**** thing started shedding, now its panic mode, do i stop using one of them, do i keeo going, do i increase??....

- - - Updated - - -

just a add on....my scalp has become itchy....not very bad, but I am aware of it....

shutterlad

Reaction score
Dont know what is causing it....but its still happening, and i dont know what to do now over it :-(

TFM

Reaction score
Just because it worked in the past doesn't mean your hair loss cannot "catch up", it's only prevention.