Bndpsds's Story - (22 and almost Norwood 3) PICS ADDED**

bndpsds

Reaction score
So, I first noticed my hair thinning on the front / temple region when I was about 19 years old. I didn't do anything for it in hopes that it would fix itself. Around 21 I started using rogaine foam, everyone said it made my hair look thicker and better but for some reason I always thought it looked worse. I'm now 22 and the hair in front of my hair is a nw3.

I've been on rogaine for the past month, and just started with propecia. I have noticed a decent shed everytime I apply the rogaine, but I also have noticed more vellus hairs growing around my temples.

At first I thought my hairloss was bringing me down, I mean no one else my age had a hairline like mine. But then I realized it's only hair. I plan on giving the big 3 a try for a few months and if things get better great!

Is it a good sign I'm seeing more vellus hairs? Will these grow in time? My friend whos a hairstylist said it is a good sign you see peach fuzz cause that shows the hair follicle isnt entirely dead yet.

Any info would be great!

UPDATED:
(3/17/09)

Nighthair

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: 22 and almost Norwood 3

bndpsds said:
So, I first noticed my hair thinning on the front / temple region when I was about 19 years old. I didn't do anything for it in hopes that it would fix itself. Around 21 I started using rogaine foam, everyone said it made my hair look thicker and better but for some reason I always thought it looked worse. I'm now 22 and the hair in front of my hair is a nw3.

I've been on rogaine for the past month, and just started with propecia. I have noticed a decent shed everytime I apply the rogaine, but I also have noticed more vellus hairs growing around my temples.

At first I thought my hairloss was bringing me down, I mean no one else my age had a hairline like mine. But then I realized it's only hair. I plan on giving the big 3 a try for a few months and if things get better great!

Is it a good sign I'm seeing more vellus hairs? Will these grow in time? My friend whos a hairstylist said it is a good sign you see peach fuzz cause that shows the hair follicle isnt entirely dead yet.

Any info would be great!

That's the spirit! I am 23 with diffuse balding and my crown is especially thin. I understand how you feel dude. Balding at such a young age sucks but I will never give up life! Who knows, histogen, follica, etc may come up with a cure for baldness within 10 years? We will only be in our early 30s by then!

dman23

Reaction score
Re: 22 and almost Norwood 3

im 23 and im as well a diffuse thinner on the top head trying the same treat as u and hope for good. i know its only hair and there is mutch more important things in life but still i must admit that this hair loss really braking my spirit and making me feel really bad among the girls i used to be very popular with girls today im rly NOT. :(

bndpsds

Reaction score
Re: bndpsds's stpry - (22 and almost Norwood 3)

man, all i can say is girls could care less about your hair. I have a chick who at first was kinda eh about the fact I was balding, then once we started hanging out more she didnt judge me on that, she is with me for who I am and my personality, not my head of hair.

It's been 4 days since I've been on propecia and so far I've had no side effects what so ever. Hopefully it stays that wayy.

bndpsds

Reaction score
Re: Bndpsds's Story - (22 and almost Norwood 3)

i added a picture of my hairline now, i noticed alot of new vellus hairs around my temples, and some are longer then others, hopefully this is a good sign, i have a few more months ahead of me, maybe ill just buzz cut until then.