Bokiii's Story - (need advice regarding hair loss treatment)

Cassin

Reaction score
Re: I need some advice regarding hair loss treatment (Australia)

do a search on that company on various hair loss sites and I suspect you won't go to them.

Reaction score
Hi,

I would begin using minoxidil on the hairline only and use propecia for a year to see if it (the propecia) fills in the thinning crown simply because that is what I did...I'm currently debating on using minoxidil on the crown now, but doubt I will as the thinning isn't noticeable (to others) yet.

Alot of people might suggest that you use finasteride only for about a year and reevaluate after that time period has elapsed to see if you need to add rogaine/minoxidil....Some people say that both minoxidil and finasteride is needed to treat the hairline as that is a difficult area to maintain/regrow and most hairloss Txs are most effective on the crown areas.

Since your receding hairline doesn't seem to worry you too much, maybe you should just try finasteride....Minoxidil application can be quite a hassle....

I'm honestly surprised you didn't get more responses, but at the moment, there are (for the most part) only 4 proven methods of treating hairloss as you already seem to know....minoxidil, finasteride, nizoral, and/or a hair transplant.....

Peace bro and good luck...

Reaction score
I do not think rogaine caused me to shed at all, of course I could be wrong, I kept my hair very short when I first started using it; I think it might have even helped make my hairline alot thicker, maybe.....A good idea might be to take pictures to document your progress, sometimes your eyes can play tricks on you; you might think you are going through a shed and you really might not be.....I used to take pics but got too OCD with it, so I deleted them and stopped :dunno:

rotsen182

Reaction score
bokiii said:
Okay... well since nobody has yet replied. I did an extensive search on this forum and other hair loss forums / websites and have decided that this will be my regime for the next 12 months.

1. Propecia 1mg (daily)
2. Rogaine 5% Foam (twice daily)
3. Nizoral 1% Shampoo (3 times per week)
4. Various supplements and vitamins (daily)

Hopefully I will see some results in 6 - 8 months.

that is a just fine regimen.
i started the same treatment 3 weeks ago and just today went to the doctor,
he prescribed finsateride minoxidil and ketokonazol which i had been already using

good luck a be patience..