bombscience

bombscience

Reaction score
worst mistake ever.

minoxidil is a commitment. if you begin treatment prepare to stick with it, or have your hairloss rate increase when you quit. if your hair continues to thin when you are using minoxidil, it probably still is helping, but only slowing things down.

oh yeah an by the way i'm using Xandrox 15% now at night and PG-Free minoxidil in the morning.

oh yeah and i'm on dutasteride.

thinstinks

Established Member
Reaction score
no way is it helping me

i have never lost hair like this, before minoxidil id lose like 10 that id notice in the shower and after

now since a few months after starting till now 7 months i lose like 30
thats 3x the amount and all my hairs are soooo thin now

i used to lose hairs that were somewhat thick, now they are practically invisible in color and thickness, oh yeah and they are short

ShedMaster

Reaction score
that is not because of the minoxidil.. You are not going to lose an excessive amount of hair beyond what you would have normally lost due to the minoxidil. Not to sound like a broken record, but you need to ride it out for 6months to a year. It will absolutely get worse before it gets better.

bombscience

Reaction score
thinstinks said:
no way is it helping me

i have never lost hair like this, before minoxidil id lose like 10 that id notice in the shower and after

now since a few months after starting till now 7 months i lose like 30
thats 3x the amount and all my hairs are soooo thin now

i used to lose hairs that were somewhat thick, now they are practically invisible in color and thickness, oh yeah and they are short

That could be good or bad I guess. 30 short hairs that are white at the tip and thicker at the root could mean that you have begun to pull hairs back into growth. They wont come in nice and thick automatically, they will get thicker with each cycle. Have you gotten 3x as bald in the last 4 months?

Also, if you dont believe me that minoxidil is probably helping your situation, you can always quit. I wounldn't reccomend it though. I quit minoxidil because i thought it may be HURTING my situation (increasing irritation). That wasn't the case. My shed began shorly there after and I have MUCH less hair now. People know i'm balding now, when they couldn't tell 4 months ago. It's pretty scary.

bombscience

Reaction score
thinstinks said:
sorry to hear that,

i wish ya the best, yeah and the rest of you as well

well I hope whatever decision you choose it works out for you. but if you want some more advice. stick with it.