Booger's Story

booger

Reaction score
6 MONTHS AND ALL IS WELL!!!

Thanks to all that frequent this site. It's by far THE best resource on the web for those of us that are hair challenged :lol:

After visiting this site and scouring it's contents, I decided to put off looking at getting a hair transplant and try the BIG 3, (minoxidil, Finasteride, and Nizoral). The first couple of months I saw only minor changes. The minoxidil seemed to thicken it some. I had a little itching, but not much. I could live with it. Well, I stayed very diligent in sticking to my regimen.

I'm 49 years old, but in my profession it's important to look your best. Some guys look great bald, but I don't think I would be one of them. I personally look better "with" hair.

Every morning minoxidil and a quarter of a Fincar tablet. Then minoxidil again at bedtime.

Sometimes I would shampoo in the morning, sometimes at night, sometimes I'd skip a day. Every other day I would put use Nizoral 1%. On the off days I would use either Thicker Fuller Hair, Head & Shoulders. The last couple of months I changed my off day routine slightly. I made a mixture of 1/2 TGel and 1/2 Nizoral 1%. I've had no problems with itching.

I also added Foligen, which I think helps the health of the scalp some.

I'm a diffuse thinner, which sort of gives you that Friar Tuck look. It was really close to bald before I started the regimen. My goals were to gain back just enough thickness to allow me to use a topical agent, such as Toppik or Couvre'.

Well, after 6 months I'm happy to say that it's worked remarkably. I can't believe how much it has improved. I'm an entertainer/musician and I'm under the spotlights quite a bit. I occasionally add a watered down amount of Couvre' for the shows I do, but just enough to get rid of the scalp shine. I just rub some on my fingers, add a little water and rub it around the thin spots. Lately though, I've been able to get away without using anything topically. It looks really good.

I am also financially challenged, so I try to get the most bang for my buck on hair products.

I see a lot of posts asking where to get the best deals on stuff. Here are links to the places where I get my stuff. I don't know if you can find it any cheaper. If so, let me know.

• Generic Nizoral 1%: Any Walgreens.

Good luck, and hang in there. It really has worked for me.

hopewas

Reaction score
90 dollars for 90 pills. i spent almost 300 dollars for the merck kind. do you think those generic versions are as good as the merck kind. if so i'll be ordering from that site in the future

booger

Reaction score
They seem to work just great for me. I was very skeptical, but where I used to have "see-thru", very thin hair on top, now it's pretty much normal looking. In other words, I don't obcess over it any more. It covers enough to cover my shiny scalp.

It took about 4 months to really see noticable results. I can't emphsize enough how skeptical I was about substantial "REGROWTH", but it appears to be happening.

I looked but couldn't find the link to an article by Dr. Lee where he says that in his opinion, the generic drugs from Ciphla and other foreign pharmaceutical manufacturers work just as well as those produced in the US.

hopewas

Reaction score
thanks for the info. how long did it take for you to receive it by mail?