Boots Hair Retention Programme - Any Experience?

daz

Reaction score
Hello, as you can see this is my first post on this site so please be gentle with me :roll:
I was wondering if any forum members from the UK have had experience of the Boots Hair Retention Programme?
I have just booked an initial visit to see a Boots pharmacist to discuss joining the programme, here is a link to what its all about

http://www.boots.com/microsites/microsi ... irectory=3

Thanks for your help and I look forward to hearing any comments

daz

(oh, I posted here because I believe Propecia is used in the Boots programme)

Strat54

Established Member
Reaction score
I have’nt had any experience with the Boots Hair Retention Programme but:

1-An initial consultation and assessment with your Boots Pharmacist who is fully trained to give advice relevant to your specific hair retention needs.
You could get a better advice from most posters in here.

2-An effective hair retention medicine that, until now, has only been available through clinics and/or a consultation with a doctor on a private basis.
Hair retention medicine? It might be Propecia, or it could be Elmer’s glue.

3-Follow-up reviews with your Boots Pharmacist - your progress on the programme can be carefully monitored using digital photographs, so your hair pattern and its thickness can be assessed objectively.
You could take pictures by yourself and ask for advice on this forum.

4-Discounts on selected Boots hair care products to help you make the most of your hair and keep it in tip-top condition.
A hair care product could be Rogaine or hair mousse. For a 10% discount you could get better prices on Ebay or other web site.

For $45 GBP or $85 USD a month you could buy Proscar for $75 USD, cut it in into fourths, and have a 4 month supply ($18.75 USD a month plus shipping).

Then you could buy Nizoral shampoo which should last approximately 6 months, for $15 USD plus shipping ($2.5 USD a month plus shipping)

My advice: Don’t do it.

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i agree... you're likely to get better advice here but if u really wanna go, then why not... just get some advice on forums like this too, which is going to be less biased and less worried about selling u stuff!