Boots Hair Retention Programme

needs_help9245

Reaction score
Hi in the UK the dominant pharmacy chain Boots is running a Hair Retention Programme which I picked a leaflet up for the other day. Basically it looks like the 'programme' is simply suppling propecia (reading through the leaflet and website it handily fails to mention propecia by name). I was wondering if people have tried the programme and found this to be the case? If so, there is surely no point in buying more expensive propecia to finance Boots' commission of the price.

http://www.boots.com/hair-retention/

Sean68

Reaction score
yeah ive seen this. i tried to sign up but they said i wasnt bald enough yet.
i think the extra money is for a check up you get every month. i dont know what this consists of but they were quite knowledgeable at my store and knew about dutasteride, tricomin etc. id just get some generic finasteride and save yourself some money.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
From Uk also and seen this. You could get as good advice by scouring the posts here, nothing better than those who are taking stuff now and have been for some time.

I went on Finpecia and Spectral DNC (minoxidil) and nizoral Shampoo from In-House pharmacy and its as cheap as it gets per month and should be very effective. Boots are likely to be much more expensive as you say but for the same things.