Born with Norwood 3.

AlCapowned

Reaction score
I was born with Norwood 3. So, that means that i've basically had a huge forehead for most of my life. I've always had a fringe because I didn't want to show my forehead. I've also never had short hair, because that would have made it look like I was balding. I'm 20 now, and I really don't know where it's gonna go. I still have the skater/oldskool justin bieber haircut I got 6 years ago, because that's the only haircut that doesn't show the fact that I'm a Norwood 3. It actually looks makes my hair look pretty normal, since my crown is still ok.

20151213_141628.jpg

On the picture it may look like I'm going bald, but it has been like that ALL MY LIFE! It's so weird. I'm not losing any hair, so it's still ok, but I'm afraid
things can change any minute. My dad started going bald when he was 18. But he was very masculine at that age, you know, the whole testosterone thing. His brothers are also bald, but most of them started balding at the age of 26. On the other side: My maternal grandfather still had all of hair when he died at the age of 75. None of his brothers are bald. The brothers of my maternal grandmother also didn't go bald, and all of them are in their late 60's.

Conclusion: Most of the male family members on my dad's side are bald. Most of the family members on my mom's side are not. And I was born with a Norwood 3 that didn't change since I was like 2 years old. I'd love to know if there's people on this forum with the same experience. And ofcourse I'd like to know what my changes of getting bald in the next 5 years are. I'm in a band, so i really don't wanna go bald. Thx for reading this btw ;) PS. It looks a bit worse on the photo.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you post pictures of your hairline when you were younger? Kind of similiar experience I guess, I've always had a high hairline and strong widows peak. Hopefully recently the temples have started to receded a little.

AlCapowned

Reaction score
Can you post pictures of your hairline when you were younger? Kind of similiar experience I guess, I've always had a high hairline and strong widows peak. Hopefully recently the temples have started to receded a little.

20151213_161654.jpg

Here's a picture from when I was 11. You can clearly see it!

12294731_1061790053852162_6670066292537176955_n.jpg

And this is what my hair normally looks like!

alekgn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was born with Norwood 3. So, that means that i've basically had a huge forehead for most of my life. I've always had a fringe because I didn't want to show my forehead. I've also never had short hair, because that would have made it look like I was balding. I'm 20 now, and I really don't know where it's gonna go. I still have the skater/oldskool justin bieber haircut I got 6 years ago, because that's the only haircut that doesn't show the fact that I'm a Norwood 3. It actually looks makes my hair look pretty normal, since my crown is still ok.

View attachment 36938

On the picture it may look like I'm going bald, but it has been like that ALL MY LIFE! It's so weird. I'm not losing any hair, so it's still ok, but I'm afraid
things can change any minute. My dad started going bald when he was 18. But he was very masculine at that age, you know, the whole testosterone thing. His brothers are also bald, but most of them started balding at the age of 26. On the other side: My maternal grandfather still had all of hair when he died at the age of 75. None of his brothers are bald. The brothers of my maternal grandmother also didn't go bald, and all of them are in their late 60's.

Conclusion: Most of the male family members on my dad's side are bald. Most of the family members on my mom's side are not. And I was born with a Norwood 3 that didn't change since I was like 2 years old. I'd love to know if there's people on this forum with the same experience. And ofcourse I'd like to know what my changes of getting bald in the next 5 years are. I'm in a band, so i really don't wanna go bald. Thx for reading this btw ;) PS. It looks a bit worse on the photo.
Holy f*** that's an enormous forehead.