Boxingjunk22's Story - (2+ month on finasteride with pics)

boxingjunk22

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

So I started losing my hair back in 2008. Here is a pic right before I started losing my hair.

[attachment=6:5kud766a]jan02-2008.jpg[/attachment:5kud766a]

I've been on finasteride for the last 2 months. I ordered from inhouse and have had no side effects. I'm taking 1.25 mg daily. I've been suffering from tiredness recently which I thought might be the finasteride but I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with it.

I can safely say there is no change to my hairline or cap since I've been on the finasteride. I am also still losing about 100 hairs a day in the shower. Mind you, it's only been 2 months since I got on the finasteride. My questions are:

1. What am I based on the Baldness Chart?

2. Should I still be losing 100 hairs a day in the shower after 2 months? Should I up my dosage?

3. What kind of shampoo/conditioner should I use? As in regular shampoo/conditioner. I don't really want to go on rogaine yet.

Any comments/questions/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

PS: Sorry for the bad quality pics. It was to only way to get rid of the glare.

Also, I don't want to shave my head as I have my hair long and want to enjoy for a little while longer. I have attached a pic of what it looks like when not pulled back.

[attachment=5:5kud766a]sep21-2010.jpg[/attachment:5kud766a]

[attachment=4:5kud766a]sep21-2010-front.jpg[/attachment:5kud766a]

[attachment=2:5kud766a]sep21-2010-side1.jpg[/attachment:5kud766a]

[attachment=1:5kud766a]sep21-2010-side2.jpg[/attachment:5kud766a]

[attachment=3:5kud766a]sep21-2010-top.jpg[/attachment:5kud766a]

Also, here is how it looks when not pulled back? Haha, am I passing?

[attachment=0:5kud766a]sep21-2010-hair.jpg[/attachment:5kud766a]

Thanks in advance,
Boxing

Attachments

• jan02-2008.jpg
    jan02-2008.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 148
  • sep21-2010.jpg
    sep21-2010.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 135
  • sep21-2010-front.jpg
    sep21-2010-front.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 131
  • sep21-2010-top.jpg
    sep21-2010-top.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 153
  • sep21-2010-side1.jpg
    sep21-2010-side1.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 136
  • sep21-2010-side2.jpg
    sep21-2010-side2.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 152
  • sep21-2010-hair.jpg
    sep21-2010-hair.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 141

Sebastien

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Boxing's Thread(2+ month on finasteride with pics)

Hey, too me you look like a NW2 that might go NW3. Good news is that your hairloss isn't that agressive since it took you 2 years to get to the point where you thought 'I am going to do something about it' (although I don't know how old you are, the older the better). And even back in 2008 you didn't rock a straight hairline.

Anyway don't worry about hairs falling too much, I shed like a cat the first few months and my hair was in a slightly better condition than yours. It means the weaker hairs are going. I am in my 6th month and I think there are terminal hairs sprouting. As for results, ATLEAST wait untill 6 months mark before even adding anything or evaluating. It might take 2 years before your hair recovers. If your not happy after one or two years you can decide to use a hairgrowth product like minoxidil. I advice to wait with that though since it is a hassle and costs money and finasteride might bring you enough satisfaction.

The only thing you should add right now is a ketaconazol shampoo, better known as 'Nizoral'. 1% is as effective as 2%. On average Ketaconazol thickens existing hairs 8,46%, hairloss reduces with 16,46% and there are 2% more hairs in the anagen phase. This process also takes 4 to 6 months. It cleans your scalp very well which creates a healthy environment for your hair too grow. Around a teaspoon is enough, and you can use another shampoo to was your hair before using the more 'expensive' ketaconazol shampoo. However I find that using the teaspoon of shampoo is enough but my hair is quite short. It really 'parts' your hairs from eachother aswell, making it look thicker, cosmetically speaking. 3 times a week is adviced if I am correct. Massage it in and let it sit for around 5 minutes before washing it out. Don't wash your hairs with other shampoo's afterwards or on non Nizoral days, since you'll end up removing the ketaconazol.

Remember to keep a healthy diet, you might add other things like fish oil, vitamins and things like green tea etc etc, you can find information about that mainly in the expirimental section.

Good luck and I hope I helped you on your way.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score

Don't stop finasteride whatever you do and add minoxidil after 4-6 months if you don't see the potential for much regrowth on the temples.

Reaction score

At inhouse pharmacy, do you order the generic finasteride or the brand name Propecia?

Also, did you consult a pharmacist before you got on medication?

boxingjunk22

Reaction score
Thanks Sebastien and TheGrayman for the advice. I'll go on the nizoral. BTW: is there any sides to nizoral? Shedding?

Also, for the minoxidil, could I just place it on my temples?

FischerSnapper: I ordered generic 5mg and cut them into 4s. I can't afford a doctor. I've actually known I was losing my hair back in 2009 but was too poor to do anything about it. D:

Thank god for no sides though. It can get really scary when you read all the horror stories on here. :D