Bravojohnny83's Story - (27 /10 months on the Big 3)

bravojohnny83

Reaction score
Hi,

I am now 27 & have been losing my hair (mainly receeding no bald spot yet)since I was about 20. After last Christmas I started to get a bit of abuse from lads in pubs about my hair, calling me baldy etc.

So I said its about time I started to do something to fight hairloss. After alot of research I came across this site (it has been of great help!).
So after reading alot of stories & researching i decided to take the necxt step.
So early this year I decided to start taking the Big 3.

I have been taking 1mg. of finasteride now for about 10 months now (experinced no sides), also I am using Refaine foam twice a day (again no sides), nizoral about two times a month (makes my hair look & feel crap) & Folligen once / twice a week.

Anyway 10 months on & my girlfriend & my brother who is also on the same treatment as me (but he has even less hair) have noticed an improvement in my hair. I do notice that it has thickened up & looks alot healthier, but I'm not sure have I regrown much.

Below are before & after pictures. I would really like to know your opinions, is there much difference or am I just grasping at straws?

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

[attachment=2:85l3ptx3]Baseline.JPG[/attachment:85l3ptx3]
[attachment=1:85l3ptx3]10 months on.JPG[/attachment:85l3ptx3]
[attachment=3:85l3ptx3]10 months on close up of hairline.JPG[/attachment:85l3ptx3]

Attachments

• 10 months on close up of hairline.JPG
    10 months on close up of hairline.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 205
  • Baseline.JPG
    Baseline.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 228
  • 10 months on.JPG
    10 months on.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 213
  • DSC00026.jpg
    DSC00026.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 218

skelll

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: 10 months on the Big 3

Yes it looks like your frontal hair has thickened up and has more density compare to earlier pic. I see an improvemnt, the base of your hair loss look wider and in earlier pic looks thinner. Good work son, keep up the good fight!

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score

it certainly is filling in!

your almost are getting your widows peak back

those temples are the hardest and most difficult grow hair back
once the follicle dies it does not return

you on the right path imo

bravojohnny83

Reaction score

Thanks for the positive feed back guys!

There is also alot of peach fuzz that d camera didnt pick up on the pictures, hopefully that will turn into fuller hairs!

What Norwood would you say I am 3 or 4?

Also, I must share with ye that I use Trevor Sorbie Mg Thickening Shampoo & I find it really works. I also use garnier surf hair & find that a good styling prodct that thickens hair well!

Capling

Reaction score

hi, great results, looks like your frontal hair has thickened up

bravojohnny83

Reaction score
Just another quick update, got the haircut yesterday (shorter then I normally do) & because of that, I noticed alot of 'peach fuzzr' shown in d area outlined in red in d below pic (sorry the camera doesnt pick them all up to well). Hopefully they will grow to become 'real hair' & help my hairline come down.

Do you think thats possible at this stage or have I grown back all I can?

[attachment=0:14qcgx8e]After New Haircut.jpg[/attachment:14qcgx8e]

By the way I noticed alot of views but not much comments, but many thanks to the guys that have given me much needed positive feedback!

Ps anyway no what Norwood am I 3 or 4?

Attachments

• After New Haircut.jpg
    After New Haircut.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 215

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
I think you might be a NW3, almost heading back to NW2.5 (stage I'm at approximately). But the before pic is deffinatly NW3. NW4 is when the crown starts thinning to.

Great to see your having results, and I hope you'll continue to regrow. See a lot of peach fuzz myself around the hairline, so I hope that's a good sign for us both.

Good luck out there.

bravojohnny83

Reaction score
Re: Bravojohnny83's Story - (28 /16 months on the Big 3)

Hi All,

I havent been around here in a while, I find it helps keep my mind of hairloss (untill I look in a mirroir :( !).

Anyway I suppose I will just give you all a quick update after 16months on the Big 3.

My hairline has definatley crept forward (I am a reseeder), my hair is thicker all over & its back to its originally dark brown colour at the front of my head (as it was losing color because it was getting thinner / weaker).

My girlfriend notices an improvement too, but she taught it would work better (all her male relatives are a NW1 :jackit: )
My younger brother is also on the BIG 3 the same lenght of time I'm on it & we have both seen improvements in each other.

I will post pictures up shortly, ye can judge for yourselfs how effective the Big 3 is (I think I have gone from a NW3 to NW2.5).

Untill then keep up the good fight!

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
Johnny Bravo, f*** yeah! I loved that dude, he had a wicked mane as well :p

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Yo why the worry about hairloss if you're improving on the hairline?? I hope you put the pics on soon, would like to see how much you've improved. Keep it up!

bravojohnny83

Reaction score
Hi All,

See below for picture.

Do you think my hairline has improved much & what Norwood do you think I am now??

Thanks

Attachments

• DSC00026.jpg
    DSC00026.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 183

grandiin

Established Member
Reaction score
bravojohnny83 said:
Hi All,

See below for picture.

Do you think my hairline has improved much & what Norwood do you think I am now??

Thanks
My hair was in the same shape like yours, after almost 6 months ( you can check my treat) i have 50-60% more hair , i dont know what Norwod you are, but can say that you have really big improvment!
Congrats :bravo:

bravojohnny83

Reaction score
Hi grandiin,

Thanks for your words of encouragement!

Anyone have any idea what norwood stage I am at now & is the best I can hope for from my regime after 16months?

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
definite improvement mate, whereabouts do you apply the foam, all over? how do you find it with longer hair?

bravojohnny83

Reaction score
Hi JDW,

I only apply the foam to the area around the hairline.

My hair is only about 3-4inches long on top & its alot shorter on the sides, so I find it easy to put on the foam.