Brett's Story - ( 36)

russell

Reaction score
Gday everyone,my name is Brett & I thought I would share my story & get some advice on coping with hair loss.I began receding at 19 but it didnt worry me much I thought I have plenty left she will be right.When I was about 24 I really started to thin at the front & people would comment all the time-I just laughed & pretended I didnt care but deep down I was stressed,I began to wear nicer clothes,got really fit & did a lot of stuff out of character,I became a bit out of control hoping people wouldnt notice.
I became very depressed to the point where I left a job that I really liked & made a few other poor descisions,I became very angry & isolated,i still am at the moment and keep on thinking back to when I had hair & how my life was.I am 36 now & am in & out of work & cant seem to move on from it,I have worn a wig & had a transplant but it hasnt changed how I feel about myself.I just was interested to know if you guys have gone through similar stuff & the best way to cope with losing your hair.Emotionally it has had a big impact on my life,I am still distressed about & not sure what to do.Brett.