BrixMI6's Story - (10 Year Propecia User - Quit Jan 2010)

BrixMI6

Reaction score
Hi all,

I thought I would send out a final update on my progress after being off Propecia for 2 years. I am doing this partly because I don't want to leave people "hanging" - I am still getting several private messages on here and don't check them often.

Below is a url from a previous posts explaining my history:

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=61852

In short I stopped taking Propecia approximately 2 years ago after having taken it for 10 years (age 25-35). I stopped taking it due to the side effects which are explained in the url above

-Diffuse thinner
-Quit Propecia Jan 2010.
-Started Proxiphen Rx and Nano shampoo religiously shortly afterwards.
-Post Propecia shedding started around June 2010 and continued on for a good 6 months.
-The post Propecia shedding stopped around Dec 2010
-I still use Proxiphen and Nano shampoo almost everyday
-I still shed even today however it's much less than during the 6 month post Propecia shedding mentioned above though it is more than when I was on Propecia for 10 years.
-My hair definitely did take a hit, especially in the front. Using hair products (no concealers) I can still style my hair where it is not that noticeable to other people but I still notice it myself everyday and it bothers me.
-side effects all gone

So the question is "How much has Proxiphen Rx/Nano Shampoo helped me maintain my hair in the last 2 years?"

That is a hard question to answer.

I do believe that it is helping however I am not sure to what degree. If I had to guess I believe it is helping in the crown but not much in the front. I am starting to believe that my diffuse thinning isn’t extremely aggressive though. Mind you, I do believe I will eventually go bald but over several years. My mother’s father did not have male pattern baldness but my dad does and his maternal grandfather did. My dad is 70 and still has quite a bit of hair on his head though he is completely bald on the crown and temples (Class 4 / Class 5)

I mainly apply the Proxiphen in the front and the crown...I still have a lot of hair so a lot of it gets wasted...it’s not economically efficient but I’m vain and want to try something that is safe and has proven science behind it.
So I plan to continue using it hoping it will help slow down the inevitable.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Below are some pics of my hair dry and wet

Attachments

• parted.JPG
    parted.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 213
  • damp.JPG
    damp.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 206
  • top.JPG
    top.JPG
    972.2 KB · Views: 213