Briz's Story - ( 22yrs old, Timeline With Pics...)

briz

Reaction score
I've probably been losing my hair since I was 19 years old, but not at this rate. In 1 year's time I have lost a lot of hair and its just getting worse. I've been taking pics and monitoring it since last year, and clearly its visible im on track to lose a lot of hair.

time.jpg

The last pic is the scariest, and it is how I am right now. When I comb my hair forward I can hide it somewhat, but it is very sad to see.

I began using Finpecia on October 20th, 2008, and I bought a 6 month supply. Im still worried if it is genuine finpecia or not, but I have to try them in order to see if they work for me.

Does anybody know of a place online where I can order Finpecia from that is reliable? Im not 100% about the place that I ordered my Finpecia from, and I will not know if they work until I have taken them for several months.

Anybody have any idea as to how long Finpecia will take to show at least some hope of hair growing back?
If my hair continues to fall at this rate I could be bald pretty soon unfortunately unless Finpecia works for me.

I will continue to update this post in the coming months in hopes that I can show you guys some good news in the near future.

monitoradiation

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: My Battle Against Hairloss. 22yrs old, Timeline With Pics...

I can't give you any medical suggestions but have you seen your physician about this? Your hair "looked" alright to me a year ago, but the lighting was slightly darker so I can't make a judgment on how advanced your hairloss was at that point (and I'm no expert). It seems to be too quick.

Secondly I'd make sure that the finasteride you're getting is legit - it'll remove a lot of stress for you. Again, I don't know where you got yours, but I'm sure many on these forums can tell you if you provide some information as to where you procured it.

Third, have you considered shaving your head? It reduced my stress a lot when I first discovered my hairloss; bad thing is that I was then in denial for half a year. But now that you are doing something about it, it's easier mentally just to not fret about hair coming out in the shower. You (and others) might even like it like that.

Hang in there.

briz

Reaction score

The hair loss progressed quickly I'd say from May till Now, and I just cant believe it. My hair looked perfect last year now that I look at it.

I've been to Bosley to see the Doctor there to check me out and he clearly told me this would happen unfortunately. He told me to start taking Propecia, but it costs too much money for me. I ignored it for a year, and now im where I am today in those photos.

I made a thread about 2 months ago here in this forum about where I got my Finpecia from. Here is the thread:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=49174

The website I got it from was http://www.xxxxxxx.com (It got scratched out for some reason in that thread)

Im hoping I didnt buy some fake Finpecia, but I have no way to tell. If somebody can tell me where I could get some truly legit Finpecia I would greatly appreciate it.

So far i've been taking the pills and have had no side effects, so either im lucky or i got ripped off.

monitoradiation

Established Member
Reaction score

Could anyone else who's reading this authenticate the finpecia he got?

Sorry Briz I've got no experience with online shopping - I got my Propecia through a prescription. It's expensive as heck. Once I see my physician this week I might try to get a prescription for proscar instead.

As for that site you said you got your finpecia through, I've not seen it while browsing this site; most people around here seem to get theirs from 1 or 2 online sites, I think InHousePharmacy or something. A search should quickly point you in the right direction but keep a healthy dose of skepticism whenever you're seeing things online. Prudence never hurts.

briz

Reaction score

Well it looks like the two sites are: unitedpharmacies.com and inhousepharmacy.com

Im gonna try inhousepharmacy.com since it looks like most people get it from there.

Hey I appreciate your responses and it has already lead me to sites that people here use, and claim to have had progress with. So im gonna take another gamble on this and hope for the best, since I do believe generic4all.com is a scam, i just have a bad feeling about them.

barcafan

Reaction score

It is alot of loss in such a small ammount of time at your age. Please get some blood tests done and possibly a full physical.

briz

Reaction score

Why would I need blood tests done or a Physical? The amount of hair I loss from May till now is a lot, and its scaring the crap out of me. :(

monitoradiation

Established Member
Reaction score

I think it is a good idea to get a physical to rule out possibilities of hormonal imbalances or thyroid problems that might be eliminated some other way.

Unfortunately you're already on meds, but I would get into contact with your physician in any case just to see what you can do. The most frustrating thing isn't really about the loss itself, I would bet, but not being in control of your body and by extension, life. I'd found that a combination of a good physician and being proactive about researching your options helps at least to calm me down about my hairloss and restored a semblance of control.

I'm glad my suggestion lead to some progress. But I wouldn't discount your pills just yet; although them being mailed without boxes is a tad worrisome, another poster was right that faking the meds would probably be even more expensive than just making real ones. I hope you hadn't spent much money on them though and now have a better idea as to were to get your next supply.

briz

Reaction score

Well since im trying to be on top of this, I'll schedule a physical tomorrow with my doctor and see if they can see whats up with me.

But if anyone can verify if generic4all.com is legit, please let me know because I ended up spending around $130 for them for a 6 month supply.

Hey thanks for the info monitoradiation, all info is appreciated.

If anyone else has suggestions, please let me know. Thank you. :)

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score

I'd get some tests done.

It doesn't look like normal male pattern baldness, and it seems to have hit far quicker than people usually start balding - Seems to have progress more in 2 months than it did for the whole previous year. Could be lots of things from thyroid/alopecia from stress/lack of zinc, inisitol etc. etc.

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score

yeah... something odd is going on...

you keep saying how much hair you lost between May and now.. but if those pictures are labeled correctly it looks like you lost an incredible amount of hair in the last 2 months - from October to December 2008.

is your October 2008 photo correct? did you really lose that much hair in 2 months? you also said you started on the finpecia in October... I'd be suspicious something is going on...

the loss looks patchy... it is in the male pattern baldness pattern... but patchiness of the loss and that it all happened in the last 2 months makes me suspicious that something else is happening

briz

Reaction score

I mean it looks like regular balding to me, its just acting a lot quicker in the past couple months for some reason. Also my father is completely bald, and I have the same kind of hair he use to have, so im kinda assuming I will suffer the same fate but im trying everything to avoid that.

I think u guys r a bit confused with the pics. The last 2 ( the bottom row, last 2 on the right ) are my most recent pics. One picture is with my hair combed down, and the very last picture is when I comb it as far back as I can. In the last pic you can see where my hair is missing most because my hair is up, when its down it hides the missing spots.

Nevertheless, from May till now ive lost a considerable amount of hair compared to last year. I scheduled an appointment today for a physical for next Tuesday, so when I get my physical done I will mention everything to the Doctor, who will most likely then send me off to a Dermatologist.

Hopefully I can get to the bottom of this before its too late. I will keep you guys posted. Thanks for the advice so far :)

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score

I'm no expert, but this definately does not look like male pattern baldness to me one bit. The thin/bald spots are scattered everywhere accross the head and is really blotchy. Also like many others have said allready, this is suspiciously quick in the last year as well. Definately get off the internet and go to a good Dr or dermatologist for advice, it looks like this is too deep to try and wade out on your own without some profesional medical advice.

-DH

briz

Reaction score

Im definately on it, I got an appointment next tuesday for a Physical. But getting an appointment with a dermatologist could take forever ive heard :(

monitoradiation

Established Member
Reaction score

Good man. I hope for your sake that it's some kind of mineral deficiency and not actually male pattern baldness. You don't need to be on these forums just yet :3 None of us want to be here and would be happy if you could leave RIGHT NOW (of course with your whole head of hair again). Keep us updated.

briz

Reaction score

Hah ofcourse, I wish I didnt have to be on here but it happened so I gotta find the solution, and I appreciate the advice guys. I will let you guys know what happens.

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score

Good luck man. I think if your Dr recamends a derm you should get in quicker

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score

there are lots of private practice dermatology offices that aren't necessarily part of the main hospital...

just look in the yellow pages or online for dermatology practices nearby... after i called to make an appt i got in the next day

briz

Reaction score

Yea I just looked up a Dermatologist office nearby, I will call them tomorrow to see if i can schedule an appointment. This way I can get both the Physical, and a visit to the dermatologist a little bit quicker. :)

Thinneritgoes!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't know you guys. Looks like regular male pattern baldness to me. If you look back his other pics were combed down and that can really cover up a lot from top view. My hair looks like that too when I brush it back and take overheads. I've been checked with physical, blood tests, and all that. Derm just said it was male pattern baldness.

It looks "patchy" because hairs get bunched together when you brush it back like that. I bet if he had a buzzcut things would look much more even.

And look at how it's thick at the sides. Definitely male pattern baldness...