Brownman's Story - (31)

brownman

Reaction score
Hello All,
First off i want to start by thanking everyone on this forum. Your experiences, insights and contributions to this board make a difference.
My story:
I am a 31yr old male from an Indian decent. I always took pride in my looks and especially my hair. I would go get hair cuts every 2 weeks since i was very particular about it.
Hair loss must have started for me about 2 years ago but i never paid much attention to it. Recently since April 2009, my hairloss has been accelerated. I started with Rogaine on a nightly basis in April but unfortunately it was not enough. I was spending hours in front of the mirror daily, freaking out that i was not able to control it. I started to withdraw myself from social occasions and things were just getting worse.
I started to do some research one night on my possible options. I ruled out implants or cosmetic procedures so my options were limited. I talked with my doctor in August about Propecia and after a few blood tests she decided to prescribe it to me.
I started on Propecia in September 2009. At first i was nervous about the side effects since that is all my doctor and pharmacist talked about. The first week i am sure i was putting too much pressure on myself but my girlfriend has been extremely supportive so that really helped. I was lucky and i did not suffer any side effects from Propecia. As a matter of fact my drive is higher now than before (i am not sure if i can attribute that to the medication).
As of last month i have added Nizoral to my regimen, so now i can safely say that i am on the BIG 3.
The first two months that i have been on the drug i have been very skeptical if there have been any changes. I feel the hairloss has been slowing but then i have days where there are huge sheds and i freak out again. Everytime i am having a tough day i come back to this forum to relate with other individuals here. It actually makes me feel a lot better.
My current state of mind is to be patient for the next 6 months and see if there is any improvements or if i can keep what i have. I am grateful to everyone that contributes here since it has helped me a lot. I am planning on being active here and hope to make a difference for someone else.
Thanks!