Brute Force

tress_dreams

Reaction score
Fellow Sufferers lol, this has been a long road. I started finasteride+minoxidil several years ago and got sides at 1.25mg generic. Stopped cold and went about 2 years with slow loss. At 33 I'm now able to see through my hair to the crown not only with wet hair but dry. The temples receded significantly and it all started to really accelerate these last 6 months.

So about 2 months ago I started finasteride+minoxidil. The sides came right back but this time instead of quitting I dialed it down to just .25mg of finasteride, taken nightly. I find that use at night has definitely helped. Knowing that there are a slew of accessory treatments that are potentially helpful for regrowth I've decided to take all of them!

I'll never know the extent to which any individual treatment is working, but I'd rather see results than be a control group of 1. So here's the regimen that I started on April 6th:

finasteride .25mg daily
minoxidil (Rogain Foam & Lipogaine) EOD
Castor Oil 1ML Oral
Castor Oil + DMSO Topical nightly
Stemoxydine daily
Biotin oral supplement
Neocell Collagen oral supplement (4pills) daily
Temple wounding derma-stamp + LiCl EOW
Retin-A twice weekly (opposite week of wounding)

So far I've only done the derma-rolling+LiCl once since that didn't arrive till last week.

I've also ordered Deltacrin Spray (ordered, en route from Italy). This contains methyl vannilate which is shown to increase hair count/density in a small study. Worth a shot!

I'm not f***ing around any more. I'm nw3 and apply topix and this is the point of no return. It's time to kick this into full gear. I'll try and obtain some seti too - God willing.

http://imgur.com/a/eX6eI

tress_dreams

Reaction score
Update: Since starting this regimen in early April I've seen a few very small temple hairs begin to grow. The amount of shedding and general thinning throughout has been significant and I'm hopeful that this is just temporary since so far this has all appeared to do more harm than good. If it weren't for this forum I'd probably drop the whole regimen at this point for fear that I'm doing more harm than good. Going to stick it out and see if things thicken up!I'm not confident that .25mg daily is enough to win this battle. I've decided to try .25 every 12 hours which could be more advantageous than .5mg daily. So I'll just take it once before bed then again around lunch each day.

jgray201

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good luck, obviously you can never know for sure but its likely the shedding is down to treatments. You've got a fair few growth stimulants in that regimen so its logical that this could trigger something in the hair follicles.