Bryan question on product

viperfish

Reaction score
Hey bryan,
I was wondering if you ever heard of Thymuskin?? It is kinda old news and been around for awhile, but it does seem promising especially for chemotherapy patients. One website is thymuskinshampoo.com.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll reply simply by re-posting this from alt.baldspot from four years ago:

Subject: Sawaya and Shapiro on ThymuSkin
Newsgroups: alt.baldspot
Date: 2000/06/02

This is my thirteenth excerpt from "Alopecia: Unapproved Treatments or Indications", by Drs. Marty Sawaya and Jerry Shapiro.

"ThymuSkin"

"ThymuSkin is derived from natural calf thymus extract. Thymosin, the peptide molecules of the thymus extract used in ThymuSkin, is believed to be immunomodulating, holding off the aging process. It is available as a shampoo and revitalizer lotion in certain European countries and Canada. There are numerous publications in the German literature discussing efficacy in androgenetic alopecia and alopecia areata. Again, this product needs more rigorous testing using standard FDA-approved endpoints of evaluation before we can accept the efficacy data unconditionally.

"A criticism to many of these herbal/OTC remedies is that many are tested in foreign countries and that they are not tested in the United States. If the products' claims are only herbal or nutritional then they do not have to follow the strict guidelines as a "medicinal" or "drug" classified agent, which means it is not governed by strict FDA criteria. Also, there are many questions as to the purity, consistency, and concentration of these nutritional and herbal OTC agents, which can vary from batch to batch, and despite whether they are in liquid, pill, or topical formulation."

Bryan

viperfish

Reaction score
Thanks for that. I have read something similar to that before and I think it was in Mens Health magazine. I guess it really does need further testing and probably why you never here of it. It is quite expensive and agree that the testing that was completed on it is not up to par.