Bryan Shelton, topicals question..................

michael barry

Reaction score
Bryan,

Hope you see this, I'll mail you if you dont.

If I were to make my own homemade topical and wanted barley extract, grape seed extract, apple peel extract, and blueberry extract , green tea extract (and possibley abscorbyl palimitate) in it, how would I go about this?

I was guessing 100 ml of alchohol, 500 ml of dististilled water and perhaps 50 ml of each of the above, brought to a slow boil on the stove for a few minutes, .............................................but that might be wrong as all get out. Its been a long time since Ive had chemistry man..

Have any ideas?

CCS

Reaction score
mL is a volume. extracts are solids. So you probably should measure the extracts in grams. If you plan to extract them yourself, I doubt you will get enough. Just buy the apple poly, GTE, GSE. The apple poly has procyanidin b3, which is the one in barley. All of these are water soluble, except the GSE, which the ethanol is needed for. If you are really bald, dermavan will work for you. If not, I would still add some DMSO and a little propylene glycol, but I really don't know what the best vehicle is. I think a mixture of stuff will give good results. I will use 40% or so water in my mixtures. I'm not yet sure what the best is.

LostWind

Established Member
Reaction score
Good info!!!

Sorry dont want to change subject or anything but since were talking topicals...I have a question..

can someone explain plz how to make 5% spironolactone cream and where to get the needed stuff such as spironolactone pills...etc..

CCS

Reaction score
The spironolactone is at http://www.inhousepharmacy.com. Get 3x100x25mg for $30. You need to grind it up to a fine powder. Then add it to ethanol, propylene glycol, and octly salicylate. I don't know the best web sites off hand. Everclear is the easiest source of ethanol.

CCS

Reaction score
depends what concentration you use and how many mL you use. You should do between 1 and 5%.

3mL per day x 1% would last 9 months.

LostWind

Established Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
depends what concentration you use and how many mL you use. You should do between 1 and 5%.

3mL per day x 1% would last 9 months.

cause I def see hairline regrowth with only once a day..and now i increased the lotion to 2 times.....+ started tricomin once a day about a week ago and + GTE twice a day will see....
lol

like u can see hairs in the hairline are normal size like 2 inches...and u can see quorter inch right bellow the hairline lots of them....with spironolactone 1 time a day...I guess dr lee makes good spironolactone...since it works so well