Bufo boreas' Story -(21)

Bufo boreas

Reaction score
I've been reading and going over these boards for quite some time and have finally decided to become a part of your community. I guess this is the part where I give you my story.

My Story:

Ever since I was in 7th grade I've grown up having thin hair. Every year when I had a physical my doctor would always mention that my hair was thin but never gave me a solution (of course i was too young to take anything). Going through high school I always wore my hair long and my mom would color it for me and I was able to get away with it without too many people noticing my hair.

It wasn't until I was 20 when I noticed my crown starting to thin more and my hairstyle eventually turned into a a bit of a comb over that would get the occasional "what's with your hairstyle?" comment from friends. I started to wear baseball caps more and rarely did my hair to avoid having to remind myself that I was losing my hair. On July of 08 I started going to Regenix in Los Angeles where it cost me a ridiculous amount of money just to buy shampoos and these topical treatments. In case you guys have any question about Regenix I will gladly answer them btw. Anywho, Regenix did slow down my shedding and made my scalp look and feel healthy. Not knowing what kind of progress Regenix was bringing me I decided to get a hair cut in January 09.

I was shocked to see that my hairline had receded and I was developing a NWI-NWII. Since then I've continued to shed even more and have been wearing baseball caps to college for the past 8 freaking weeks. Being fed up with having to avoid hanging out with girls and avoiding social activities I decided to shave my head and give up Regenix (i feel very liberated and less stressed after shaving my head). I just started to use 5% rogaine foam on my hair line, crown and vertex portion of my scalp. I also massage my scalp every day and am currently using 1% nizoral. I plan on getting 2% nizoral from amazon soon. I have tried to get a prescription for proscar but my doctor wouldn't give it to me because he said it isn't the way to treat hairloss.

Anywho, I hope to get to know you all and support you in your feat against hairloss.

But here's my situation now
(i will post up better pictures in the future)

April 8th, 2009
april3.jpg

april2.jpg

april1.jpg

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
you look like a diffusing Norwood 2

i would suggest you get on some form of finasteride

your doctor doesn't have the knowledge about finasteride and that is a shame

if you were to go to a derm they might prescribe proscar

their are also online pharmacies that do not require a prescription that you might want to look in to

Bufo boreas

Reaction score
i've come across unitedpharmacies and am very tempted to purchase proscar through them. i'm concerned though about what kind of side effects i'll have so i wanna see if i can get some bloodwork done or maybe find a doctor who will can test me through HairDX.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Your hairline looks perfect now, but I guess you'd notice better than us if there was any reccesion. There is a lot of diffuse thinning. Nizoral and Rogaine 5% should help, Finasteride is the only way to halt aggressive thinning. Order Proscar now and if you notice any side effects get off it.

You have a good head shape anyways and you've taken one of the hardest steps which is to shave your head. Look forward to treating your hair loss. Good Luck mate!