Bugginme's Story (21 - 1 year update on 2. page)

bugginme

Reaction score
Hello,

I've started to loose my hair rapidly in last ~2 months. My hair type was always straight and thin but it's getting thinner each day. (I was shedding time to time in last 3-4 years but compared to now it was nothing) I went to doctor and he told me I'm having both male pattern baldness and telogen effluvium. He gave me something called "Androgenetic Alopecia Combined Bundle". I think it's a local brand or something. It has capsule and spray. He told me to use spray before bed and capsule 2 times in a day.

Spray contains: %5 Serenoa serrulata, Urtica dioica and Cucurbita pepo
Capsule contains: Vitamins, zinc and iron

What's your opinions on this medicine? It costs me more than big 3. So I dont really know what to get.

Here are some pics:

[attachment=4:2r5qrnve]Foto?raf0120.jpg[/attachment:2r5qrnve][attachment=3:2r5qrnve]Foto?raf0124.jpg[/attachment:2r5qrnve][attachment=2:2r5qrnve]Foto?raf0125.jpg[/attachment:2r5qrnve][attachment=1:2r5qrnve]Foto?raf0128.jpg[/attachment:2r5qrnve][attachment=0:2r5qrnve]Foto?raf0127.jpg[/attachment:2r5qrnve]

Attachments

• Foto?raf0120.jpg
    Foto?raf0120.jpg
    482.9 KB · Views: 209
  • Foto?raf0124.jpg
    Foto?raf0124.jpg
    500 KB · Views: 214
  • Foto?raf0125.jpg
    Foto?raf0125.jpg
    475.3 KB · Views: 203
  • Foto?raf0128.jpg
    Foto?raf0128.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 222
  • Foto?raf0127.jpg
    Foto?raf0127.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 212

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: Bugginme's Story (21 - Looking for advice)

i do see some early, early stages of hair loss, but you still got a ton of hair.

that spray and capsule is completely worthless for treating male pattern baldness (i don't know about the Telogen Effluvium).

for male pattern baldness, the only thing that you can really rely on is finasteride (brand name propecia). you'll need to see a dermatologist and get a prescription for that.

i'd recommend to start on that, give it a month or two and see how it's going, and consider adding rogaine foam to the equation.

bugginme

Reaction score

Dermatologist recommended that spray and told me not to start finasteride because of side effects. Probably I'll take risk and start using finasteride with nizoral and biotin to make my hair thicker. I dont wanna start minoxidil right away, it looks like too much hassle to apply it twice a day :/

Nuli

Established Member
Reaction score

Early signs off hair loss, finasteride is really the best option if you want to maintain what you have and maybe thicken up a bit. Yes, there are sides that are more common than you might think. It's really up to you if you want to take it or not, weigh the pros and cons of the decision and go from there. I would wait a while before you start minoxidil, as your hair loss isn't really noticeable.

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score

i only apply the foam once per day, at night before bed. very easy and quick.

i've been on finasteride almost 2 years (27 yo) and never any side effects whatsoever.

bugginme

Reaction score

I've started taking ~1.25mg finasteride and 5mg biotin daily 1 week ago. But I'm having dandruff problem after washing my hair with Nizoral. I didnt have any dandruff problem before Nizoral. It seems weird since Nizoral is an anti-dandruff shampoo. Any opinion?

tooyoungforthiscrap

Established Member
Reaction score

bugginme said:
I've started taking ~1.25mg finasteride and 5mg biotin daily 1 week ago. But I'm having dandruff problem after washing my hair with Nizoral. I didnt have any dandruff problem before Nizoral. It seems weird since Nizoral is an anti-dandruff shampoo. Any opinion?

Using 2%? Try 1% maybe?

either way, I don't think you should even be using nizoral if it's giving you trouble. Your hair is in good shape man, the crown looks like it's begun to thin a little bit but the untrained eye wouldn't notice it.

I've been on 1.25mg finasteride a day for 4 months now and it's completely stopped any further hair loss, not even when I rub it dry with a towel.

Some options to help your crown may be a dab of minoxidil (rogaine) just in that little area :dunno:

The most important advice I can give you is not to worry about it... Your hair will probably still be there by the time something better comes along if finasteride doesn't give you sides :punk:

bugginme

Reaction score

I'm using Nizoral 20mg. I guess it has different packaging in every country.

Nizoral_Shampoo.jpg

bugginme

Reaction score

I'm taking finasteride (1.25mg), nizoral (3 days a week) and biotin (5mg) for 2 weeks now and my back is going worse :< Maybe I should stop visiting HairLossTalk.com forums everyday and come back after 2-3 months to give an update. bah :<

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    475.2 KB · Views: 220

bugginme

Reaction score

7 month update

My shedding has slowed down. At least that's what I see. But problem is there are still lots of hair on my pillow, desk etc that you can't see if you dont look at them under the light. They exactly look like dust. I guess they're miniaturized hairs :( So that means I'm still shedding? Any idea or experience about that is highly appreciated. Thanks.

bugginme

Reaction score

1 Year Update

Well, I guess finasteride is not working for me. (I'm a taking 1-1,5mg/day and using Nizoral every other day) I have much lesser and thinner hair than where I start now. My hair line and temples are obviously receded. I have a bald patch on my vertex. I even lost hairs on my sides and back of my neck.

I've always had acnes over the year when I'm on finasteride. Even tough I never had serious acne problem before. I maybe had gynecomastia too since my boobs look bigger now. Also I've put on some weight. Somehow I've never had any libido problem.

So, do you have any suggestions? Should I keep taking finasteride for one or two months more or should I drop it?

Attachments

• Foto?raf0585.jpg
    Foto?raf0585.jpg
    508.7 KB · Views: 215
  • Foto?raf0586.jpg
    Foto?raf0586.jpg
    553.2 KB · Views: 205
  • Foto?raf0588.jpg
    Foto?raf0588.jpg
    460.4 KB · Views: 204

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Why are you taking 5mg/day? Doesn't work like that. 1mg/day is all you need.

Your hair looks almost identical to November last year so I'd say the finasteride is definitely working for you. What a lot of people don't realize is that even slowing your hairloss is still success.. for most people there isn't going to be much regrowth.

I also think I might have very slight gyno.. nothing obvious.. but I've said this before, I'm willing to deal with slight gyno if it means keeping my hair.

Good luck and thanks for the update!

bugginme

Reaction score
It's 1,5mg, not 5mg.

I know it looks identical to last year in those photos (probably because of the light or my hair is longer now) but when I run my hands on my head, density is really low compared to last year. And when I look myself at the mirror, my forehead seems bigger because of receded temples :<

irishpride86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
treeshrew said:
Why are you taking 5mg/day? Doesn't work like that. 1mg/day is all you need.

Your hair looks almost identical to November last year so I'd say the finasteride is definitely working for you. What a lot of people don't realize is that even slowing your hairloss is still success.. for most people there isn't going to be much regrowth.

I also think I might have very slight gyno.. nothing obvious.. but I've said this before, I'm willing to deal with slight gyno if it means keeping my hair.

Good luck and thanks for the update!

i see your on foam and finasteride and foam, how much foam you use per day, and how long does a can last you? Also please explain yor shedding timeline while on treatments,

much thanks

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
I think your hairline even looks better. If only slightly. And you deffinatly take too much finasteride. So maybe that's where the sides come from. Quarter a pill of 5 mg is enough, half pill should be about the max.

Maybe your having a slight shedding now? And most likely you'll have good results if you ride it out. Give it more time. If your really balding, you should stay on finasteride anyways for as long as you want to keep your hair... :whistle:

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
irishpride86 said:
i see your on foam and finasteride and foam, how much foam you use per day, and how long does a can last you? Also please explain yor shedding timeline while on treatments,

i only do foam once a day and only apply it to my temples. it hasn't regrown any hair but for me it's all about maintenance and i haven't lost much off the temples either (which were already pretty receded when i started foam).

finasteride is well known for not helping as much on the temples. so in combo with foam for the temples my regimen has been working well.

i don't always remember to use the foam everyday, and when i do i use a lot, a can lasts me about the usual ~ 1 month

shedding on foam is very noticeable. if i use too much i can trigger a week long shed. when i first started foam i lost a huge patch of hair from my left temple which grew back by about week 3/4

irishpride86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
treeshrew said:
irishpride86 said:

i only do foam once a day and only apply it to my temples. it hasn't regrown any hair but for me it's all about maintenance and i haven't lost much off the temples either (which were already pretty receded when i started foam).

finasteride is well known for not helping as much on the temples. so in combo with foam for the temples my regimen has been working well.

i don't always remember to use the foam everyday, and when i do i use a lot, a can lasts me about the usual ~ 1 month

shedding on foam is very noticeable. if i use too much i can trigger a week long shed. when i first started foam i lost a huge patch of hair from my left temple which grew back by about week 3/4

so no finasteride shedding huh

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yup, tons of finasteride shedding all over the back of my head from months 2-4.

irishpride86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
treeshrew said:
yup, tons of finasteride shedding all over the back of my head from months 2-4.

pm me please more about this,explain the timeline of finasteride shedding/when it got better as it will help me stay on finasteride, thanks man