Burninhellmpb's Story - (Get ready to see a teen's journey)

burninhellmpb

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I've always had a high hairline, but I think it's changing for the worst, soooo.... I'd like to get off my chest that unfortunately i'm following in my father's footsteps by having my hairline recede at the tender age of 16. I have shaggy hair and you can't tell unless you pull it up, but it's killing my self esteem and confidence. My father, age 37, is stage 3 on the Norwood scale, but keeps his head shaved. My grandfather, age 56, on my mother's side is stage 5. My uncle of my mother's side is in the latter phase of stage too. This wouldn't bother me if my father hadn't started losing his hair so early(14-15 as he claims) Currently, I'm at stage 1, give or take some, but I refuse to lose my hair and confidence. I've took initiative and ordered a 180 day supply of finpecia, which i will split into 0.5mg a day doses to save money and hopefully avoid some negative health effects. Pictures will be updated soon when my order arrives! Wish me luck..

[attachment=1:3gldsmke]Untitled.png[/attachment:3gldsmke]

As you can see, the right temple differs from the left. No clue why. Hopefully finasteride can strengthen and fill in the hairline that i'm missing.

Update: 3/18/2011 - Took first 0.5mg of finpecia today. I've added pics of my shipment of finpecia from inhouse.

[attachment=0:3gldsmke]mail.jpg[/attachment:3gldsmke]

Still gotta get a pill cutter, so using razor blade for now. already precut another.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    154.2 KB · Views: 418
  • mail.jpg
    mail.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 1,011

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Get ready to see a teen's journey

there could well be some guys saying 'mature hairline, no recession' etc. personally, i think i had similar to what you have now when i was 16 (19 now) and, well, it crept back. i think that's way too far back for a 16 year old to have without showing signs of male pattern baldness.

you really wanna save money, get on fincar. way cheaper even than finpecia.
having said that, lotta people on here are gunna be worried about a 16 year old on finasteride. truth is, we don't REALLY know what the effects might be of taking it so young.
hell though, i started it just before i turned 19 which is still younger than most. either way, you'll definitely have caught it early.
good luck, brother.

EDIT: added a lil bit

burninhellmpb

Reaction score

Well the vendor I'm getting finpecia from seems to have a better deal on it than fincar. I couldn't order 180 days of fincar so I chose finpecia. It's a well known online supplier so everything seems to be straight.

Regarding the too young part, my case will act as a guinea pig to everyone that is interested in taking it young. If anything major goes down, I'll stop immediately. But I'm not too worried about effects. I've used recreational drugs before and accept all risks and benefits.

but thanks for the input.

crohm

Reaction score

Fincar contains as much finasteride as 5 finpecias... most people cut them into 4 so you would only need to buy 90 fincar pills and they would last you a year if you cut them into fours.

burninhellmpb

Reaction score

I didn't take that into account when I ordered but when I reup I'll go that route.
Thanks!

Nene

Reaction score

you're too young for finasteride, i would do rogaine for now

burninhellmpb

Reaction score

Don't have the cash to keep buying minoxidil though. I still plan on taking the finasteride regardless. I might add minoxidil to my pharms later but hopefully I wont have to.

Reaction score
burninhellmpb I sincerely wish you all the best with your male pattern baldness prevention. :)

I too started loosing my hair at an early age (17) so I know full well what you're going through mate. I just wish had shown the same foresight as yourself and had acted straight away instead of waiting till I was 21 (my current age).

Anyway, just from reading your family history I'd say you should be somewhat sanguine about your chances of staving off male pattern baldness. If your Dad started losing at the same age and is only a NW3 at 37 (not that unusual at that age) then that is very slow hairloss and you may well be destined to follow the same pattern.

burninhellmpb

Reaction score
Thanks mate. Although it is completely unnoticeable styled down(I have surfer hair) it stays on my subconscious all the time. I'm happy i have access to all the resources that I do. I just can't see myself going bald before college.

The only thing I'm wondering about is the extra testosterone that will be prevalent in my body due to less being converted to dht. Hey maybe the finasteride will double as a pseudosteroid. Haha. :woot:

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
sorry about the time it took to reply to your pm, but i have sent you a message :)

burninhellmpb

Reaction score
Thanks I got it :)

Anyways, I received my 180 1mg tablets of Finpecia from Inhouse Pharmacy today. It's been exactly 14 days since I placed my order, so delivery time is alright. I'll be posting pics of my supplies later tonight. I'm starting out at 0.5mg a day of the finasteride tomorrow so wish me luck. Hopefully i'll get minimal to no sides.

beraldy

Reaction score
A 16 year old with probably no knowledge of side-effects or life-altering efffects ordering potent prescription drugs online without a second thought.

Are you insane, boy? You don't need finasteride for **** sakes.

BornIn89

Established Member
Reaction score
beraldy said:
A 16 year old with probably no knowledge of side-effects or life-altering efffects ordering potent prescription drugs online without a second thought.

It's kind of disgusting that there's people on this forum telling him he should take it, isn't it?

Anyway, to the OP, I think you should reconsider taking finasteride at that age, and post better pictures so we can see your hairline.

burninhellmpb

Reaction score
beraldy said:

You gonna f*****g sue me man? It's my body to change and use to my desires. And I do have knowledge of all the side effects, I'm not someone who takes a drug without learning everything about it first. So please leave my thread if you can only give negative input.

burninhellmpb

Reaction score
BornIn89 said:
beraldy said:

It's kind of disgusting that there's people on this forum telling him he should take it, isn't it?

Anyway, to the OP, I think you should reconsider taking finasteride at that age, and post better pictures so we can see your hairline.
I decided to take it regardless of opinions from anyone here bro. I'll put up better pics in a couple days, but I honestly thought you could see it with the ones up there.

beraldy

Reaction score
Still growing and going through hormonal changes and you are messing with the testosterone levels in your body because your 37 year old dad is a NW3 :bravo: .

I'm not going to leave your thread because you don't want to hear what I have to say... you need to give your head a shake and your parents need to take away that credit card that god knows how you got access to.

burninhellmpb

Reaction score
beraldy said:
Still growing and going through hormonal changes and you are messing with the testosterone levels in your body because your 37 year old dad is a NW3 :bravo: .

I'm not going to leave your thread because you don't want to hear what I have to say... you need to give your head a shake and your parents need to take away that credit card that god knows how you got access to.
In reality, he's alot worse than nw3, I was just guesstimating on the scale. And I work then i get this thing called money, then I use that "money" to buy prepaid credit cards. Simple enough for you? I realize that I'm messing with my hormones but its what makes me happy in the end, not you bro. I'm sure you didn't start losing at 15-16 but that hinders confidence quite a bit. I respect your concern and opinion but don't come in try and start anything.

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
beraldy said:

wow, way to be condescending. if he's looking to take this drug enough to have gotten a supply and registered on a forum like this, chances are nothing any of us would say would stop him from doing it. so calling him an idiot and doing the whole 'must be spending your parents money you're spending / you're stupid' routine is kinda unimpressive

burninhellmpb

Reaction score
Thanks for the backup kthxbi.

Although I am young, I am pretty well versed on any endeavor I partake in. Finasteride being no stranger.

Anyways, I'm happy to report that I have not experienced any sides yet other than an elevated mood :) and watery semen. :thumbdown2:

More updates to follow soon.