Bytan's Story (27 / Finasteride, minoxidil, ketoconazole)

bytan

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm a first time poster here although I have been lurking for a few years now. I'm 27yo (turning 28 in a few months) with diffuse thinning. Been suffering from hairloss since a young age, think I started thinning around 20 but it got really agressive at 23 (almost a norwood 4-5). Unfortunately I've got a very strong family history of hairloss, my dad went to norwood 5 in his mid or late 30s, both my brothers were norwood 4 or 5 by 25yrs!

I've been on minoxidil for about 4 yrs now (started on 2% and have experimented on different types of minoxidil along the way- currently on rogaine foam and 15%minoxidil with azelaic acid), Finasteride 1mg for 3 yrs , ketoconazole shampoo. I have managed to thicken my top slightly but for the most part just maintaining what I have.

Anyway here are some pics I took today, I took these outdoors, my hair is cut short with a bit of dry wax and not wearing any toppik. I am sorta satisfied with the top of my head but am not too happy with my hairline/temples.

I've got a couple of questions. With my strong family history of hairloss, in your best estimate how soon do you think I will eventually end up being a norwood 4/5? Also am I a good hair transplant candidate? (if so when should I think about going through it?) Feel free to also comment on my hairloss/photos. Thanks in advanced.

]

bytan

Reaction score
Re: bytan's story (27yo, Finasteride, minoxidil, ketoconazole/ PICS)

No replies ?

ivangennaro

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: bytan's story (27yo, Finasteride, minoxidil, ketoconazole/ PICS)

I don't think you have lost some ground over there. It's just that your hair is naturally super-thin. We can see that on the sides too. Which means you're not a good candidate for hair transplant by the way.