Cain's Story

Cain

Reaction score
I have experienced hair loss like most of the posters on this board, however I have yet to see a story identical to mine.

About 4 years ago, my hair was rapidly coming out by the handful (2 months time). I had shoulder length hair, hair which was unusually full and thick. The end result was a small bald patch around my cow lick and very fine frizzy (full, with no noticeable balding) hair which refuses to grow beyond a certain point (only on the top of my head of course). My hair has not changed in 4 years, so I decided to give rogaine and keto shampoo a try, with hope that I could gain some length. This regimen has thickened up my tiny bald patch to some degree and has had a minimal effect on the length of my hair.

The weird thing about my situation, is that I have lots of hair, but the quality is very bad. My hair is very thin and brittle all over my head, however the hair on the top of my head only grows to a certain point and stops.

My family doctor took blood samples and the results showed that i have low B12 levels and low Iron levels. I tried vitamins for several months, but my hair quality never improved.

Everyone on my moms side has hair, yet my dad, his father, and several of his brothers suffer from male pattern baldness. So I am not in denial about my situation.

I can't really style my hair and the frizzy brittle quality really frustrates me. I have tried every hair product available, yet nothing seems to improve the texture or length. The weird thing is, I see guys with less hair then me have much better quality hair.

I have lurked here for about a year, so I figured I would join and share my story. I am happy I still have hair, but maddened that it will not thicken up and grow some in length.

Hecfield

Reaction score
Are you vegetarian? Vegetarians often suffer from Iron and B12 defficiency. Additional vitamin C assists with iron absorbtion if that helps. Nutritional reasons can be behind lowered hair quality.