CALLING ALL RU USERS - Time for another official RU thread

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
MANY of us are wondering what is going on with the RU users on here. Some of us just started, and are in desperate need of your experience and advice. ANYONE using RU PLEASE take a minute to answer the following -

1) duration of use
2) source of RU and strength of application
3) RESULTS - of course pics are awesome if you have them.
4) side effects
5) WHAT else or you using? and any additional info :D

This will take you two minutes and will greatly help GUIDE those of us that are less experienced and just beginning our journey!!! and... DUDE, this is in BOLD with a LOT of CAPITAL letters, so you HAVE to take me SERIOUSLY.
:punk:

love, Buckthorn
:2gunsfiring_v1:

Iopu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1. 15 months.
2. anagen.inc. I use 50mg everyday sometimes. At other times I've used it as low as 25mg every other day.
3. Stops my hairline receding. Fills in my thinning crown.
4. I have none because I'm carefull. But I believe it can cause sides similar to minoxidil and finasteride.
5. Shampoos, minoxidil, loreal serioxyl.

wolfman

My Regimen
Reaction score
1) A little over a year. Started at the beginning of 2015.

2) Kane (Anagen). Community reputation is sooooo important with a non-commercial drug. You cannot afford to lose hair with a fake drug. Or spend money testing samples from sketchy suppliers. So we RU users NEED to ban together to make sure our source is reputable.

3) I'm looking slightly better. I'm holding my breath because I know shedding is a part of treatment. However, a good indicator for me that my baldness isn't progressing is my crown. Since I'm NWIII, my crown would be next. So far it looks the same as when I was 14. So although the front of my hair looked really bad last year, I know I'm at least maintaining. My hope of course is to regrow my temples. Which may be happening now that I am (hopefully) through shedding and am dermarolling for better absorption of my RU.

4) Just the dry flaky skin that you also get when you use an alcohol-based minoxidil solution. Concentrations above 5% will also start leaving too much unabsorbed residue on your skin. It looks like white powder. So too much of a concentration may just be wasting it.

Here is what my hair looks like right now! Compare it to my profile pic. And consider that it's a little longer right now with different lighting.

Photo on 2-26-16 at 4.04 PM.jpg

Disclosure: I'm also on dutasteride, minoxidil, Nizoral, and viviscal. I only use RU on the front.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
1) A little over a year. Started at the beginning of 2015.

2) Kane (Anagen). Community reputation is sooooo important with a non-commercial drug. You cannot afford to lose hair with a fake drug. Or spend money testing samples from sketchy suppliers. So we RU users NEED to ban together to make sure our source is reputable.

3) I'm looking slightly better. I'm holding my breath because I know shedding is a part of treatment. However, a good indicator for me that my baldness isn't progressing is my crown. Since I'm NWIII, my crown would be next. So far it looks the same as when I was 14. So although the front of my hair looked really bad last year, I know I'm at least maintaining. My hope of course is to regrow my temples. Which may be happening now that I am (hopefully) through shedding and am dermarolling for better absorption of my RU.

4) Just the dry flaky skin that you also get when you use an alcohol-based minoxidil solution. Concentrations above 5% will also start leaving too much unabsorbed residue on your skin. It looks like white powder. So too much of a concentration may just be wasting it.

Here is what my hair looks like right now! Compare it to my profile pic. And consider that it's a little longer right now with different lighting.

View attachment 38557

Disclosure: I'm also on dutasteride and minoxidil. I only use RU on the front.

Great results Man!! Are you using anything else? Also, I noticed that you said your source was Kane, however put (anagen) in parenthesis? Do you believe they are the same? I noticed their websites look very similar, and whenever Kane drops his price, so does Anagen. You have definitely been maintaining/ thickening up a bit. These posts are VALUABLE- :punk:KEEP THEM COMING!!

wolfman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. They're the same exact guy. You order from either site and you get it from Anagen.Inc based in China.

Yea, I'm on dutasteride. So, that's why I'm not bald. I started losing my hair at 16. Dutasteride is maintaining my overall hair.

However I'm using RU only on the front. So be careful about attributing my maintenance results to RU.

I'm using RU + light dermarolling as a last hope for my frontal follicles. I holding my breath and hoping my temples will grow in a bit at least.

SniperWolfMR

Established Member
Reaction score
Great results Man!! Are you using anything else? Also, I noticed that you said your source was Kane, however put (anagen) in parenthesis? Do you believe they are the same? I noticed their websites look very similar, and whenever Kane drops his price, so does Anagen. You have definitely been maintaining/ thickening up a bit. These posts are VALUABLE- :punk:KEEP THEM COMING!!

They're the same, I confirmed this through their customer support. I'm more concerned about RU simply thickening up existing hairs, not expecting regrowth

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
They're the same, I confirmed this through their customer support. I'm more concerned about RU simply thickening up existing hairs, not expecting regrowth

Thanks for the info. I think this is reassuring. Does ANYONE have the resources to have this RU tested to verify it's purity? i know this is a common concern. It seems like it is working for Wolfman though, which is a good sign. I think RU, along with minoxidil, is one of your best bets for thickening up existing hair. It's an androgen antagonist, so if it's doing it's function in blocking the AR's from DHT, then your hair should theoretically maintain, and the weaker hair follicles should shed the existing weak fiber and start over in anagen, producing a new, thicker fiber... that is if it works for you. good luck man!!

shd04e

Reaction score
1. 15 months.
2. anagen.inc. I use 50mg everyday sometimes. At other times I've used it as low as 25mg every other day.
3. Stops my hairline receding. Fills in my thinning crown.
4. I have none because I'm carefull. But I believe it can cause sides similar to minoxidil and finasteride.

do you buy the pre made solution or the powder/other essentials and make it yourself?

deciding which one to use is my last step, i am ready to order and start this thing already

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update: decided to add dutasteride - 2mg / once a week to my regiment.

So, in the past 1.5 months my regiment has transitioned from this"

finasteride - 1.5mg/ day
minoxidil - 5% TO

dutasteride - 2mg / week
RU - 1ml @ 10% / day
Minoxidil - 15% w/ .1% finasteride, hydrocort, progesterone, AA

soooo.... my information is going to be somewhat useless, because if I do regrow or maintain, who will know where the hell it is coming from. My guess would be a combination of all three. Given my history, and my unexplainably resilience to AA's, I simply assume I will be bald by summer. I will post baseline pics today.

Iopu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Really iopu? Was ur hair loss aggressive before this?

Yeah kind off, it's stable on treatments. But when I first noticed my hairloss my crown thinned out and hairline receded to like Norwood 3-4 almost overnight.

- - - Updated - - -

do you buy the pre made solution or the powder/other essentials and make it yourself?

deciding which one to use is my last step, i am ready to order and start this thing already

The powder is better value for money. I get a few months out of a 5 gram bag. And mix it into loreal serioxyl, which I dunno how effective that is cause I never used it alone but it's another supposedly active ingredient in my regimen.

wolfman

My Regimen
Reaction score
No offense to Wolfman, it looks like he just grew his hair longer in the one picture giving the illusion of more density. On a brighter note, the guy is an amazing candidate for a hair transplant.
You're right. I don't even know if RU is working for me and I can't be certain that the RU I buy is real. Which is why I am on prescription brand name dutasteride from Rite Aid.

RU is my experiment. I hope it fills in my front.

That's for the future to tell.

But I am maintaining very well with dutasteride and (to an unknown extent) RU.

Stick around for another year and I'll update you one what my hair looks like.

SniperWolfMR

Established Member
Reaction score
You're right. I don't even know if RU is working for me and I can't be certain that the RU I buy is real. Which is why I am on prescription brand name dutasteride from Rite Aid.

RU is my experiment. I hope it fills in my front.

That's for the future to tell.

But I am maintaining very well with dutasteride and (to an unknown extent) RU.

Stick around for another year and I'll update you one what my hair looks like.

How did you get a legitimate prescription for dutasteride

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
How did you get a legitimate prescription for dutasteride

Probably had a dermatologist prescribe it... Mine wouldn't and I understand why and didn't question him.. It is some heavy duty stuff. You can find legit dutasteride from online pharmacies though and if you question it, you can get it tested.

shutterlad

Reaction score
Was using RU for a few months....felt it was working, took a break, and went back on it again and started to get Heart Palpitations (felt like my heart would skip a beat) I was on 25mg (1ml) once a day, reduced it to half but got the same effect so once I came off it, the effects went away, Im guessing it was from the RU. dont know why and from what I read not seen too many guys with this side. I am also using minoxidil and finasteride.....

Reactions: FBP

Iopu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Was using RU for a few months....felt it was working, took a break, and went back on it again and started to get Heart Palpitations (felt like my heart would skip a beat) I was on 25mg (1ml) once a day, reduced it to half but got the same effect so once I came off it, the effects went away, Im guessing it was from the RU. dont know why and from what I read not seen too many guys with this side. I am also using minoxidil and finasteride.....

15% minoxidil done this to me. I could literally see the area between my heart and neck throbbing in the mirror.

Iopu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I did stop, I still use 5% with no sides. Yes I do use RU, the only side I get is I think it can effect my libido a bit sometimes. But I workaround this by lowering dosage / taking days off and using fluridil to compensate.

shutterlad

Reaction score
Yes I did stop, I still use 5% with no sides. Yes I do use RU, the only side I get is I think it can effect my libido a bit sometimes. But I workaround this by lowering dosage / taking days off and using fluridil to compensate.
Do you feel the RU works....where do you get yours?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
BUMP!!!! C'mon, where are all the RU users? Tell us your encouraging, heart warming stories of thick, new hair regrowth! :freaked2: