Calling on all folligen users

absmon

Established Member
Reaction score
I am about to add folligen to my regimen due to the benefits of total reduction in inflammation and hopefully, it will also counter the dryness to hair caused by spironolactone 2%. My question is, did anyone starting folligen see an increase in shedding? I mean shedding that can be directly attributed to folligen and not other treatments. Thanks.

misterium

Reaction score
Not sure if I'm shedding as a result of Folligen, Propecia (2 months on it), or that I recently stopped minoxidil (after only a few bottles, I was allergic to PPG).

Dr. Lee says stopping the minoxidil is not causing me a shed as I only stopped a couple weeks ago.

However, I'm not shedding severely, just some hairs in the shower but that is NOT a good way to guage hair loss.

Folligen contains saw palmetto as far as I know, and also I'd assume it has a 'delivery ingredient'.. not sure if it's alcohol or PPG but they claim that it will be irritating until your scalp is back in 'good health' again... so therefore MAYBE it does make you shed a little bit, simply because of the initial irritation you get when first starting to use it.

I don't mind though, I just put some emu oil drops onto my scalp after using Folligen, tends to soothe it a bit more.

:)