Came out from hair transplant on Monday

setokun

Reaction score
A few of you might remember me posting my pics a few months ago talking about hair transplant. Well, I did it today, depsite the fact that some people had given some negative comments about Nuhart, I went with them anyway. They had the most experienced surgeons in Hong Kong, And i just couldn't afford to wait any longer.

So On Monday, I woke up around 8, went to do my hair transplant at Nuhart. i stopped by for breakfast and went to the clinic at exactly 9:30. in the beginning, the doctor sit down with me to explain the procedure, after 15 minute, I was ready. He drew a line on my head to see how low i want to bring down my hairline...made some adjustment and we began.

the first part is the worse, coz they have to cut out a part of the skin at the back of your head. Altho they drugged me, but u can still hear the part where they tear down ur skin. gives me the chill!!! (but it didn't hurt). that took about 30-45 minute, i was too scared. and then..they stitch the back of my head up. and drugged the top of my head...and started punching holes in it..it made a lot of squeezing sound >.<

they doctor had a team of 6-7 nurses with him. 2 were helping him with the "ripping off the skin" part and the whole punching part...and the rest were extracting hair from the skin...

the whole procedure took about 5 hours or so...i completed it at 3:30 in the afternoon and took the taxi home.. Now its Wednesday and i'm feeling much better...i slept for the whole day just so that i do't have to "feel" the pain. the Doctor gave me lots of drugs and pain killers...Now I think i'm pretty happy with the whole thing and i'll be posting pics later :)

setokun

Reaction score
here are a couple of pics after the surgery...

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 264
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 249

s.a.f

Reaction score
Can you post more close up pics? Strange that they did'nt shave the area.

setokun

Reaction score
sure..here's 2nd day and now..today

Attachments

• pic1 day 2.jpg
    pic1 day 2.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 253
  • pic2 day 2.jpg
    pic2 day 2.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 224
  • pic3 day 2.jpg
    pic3 day 2.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 239
  • pic 1 day 3.jpg
    pic 1 day 3.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 263

emery

Established Member
Reaction score
hope this turns out well for you, need to be patient for the next few months tho

setokun

Reaction score
shock lost question.
how likely will it happen?
if so, will all my "new" hair fall off as well?
any way to prevent that?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Yes theres a good chance you'll see shock loss. And the new hair will shed aswell so in other words you'll look worse before you look better.
Theres nothing you can do to prevent it its mainly dependent on how well your surgeon did.

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
expencive... just calculated the price to euro , far more then i pay for 2500 grafts fue at prohair clinic

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wesleyBelgium said:
expencive... just calculated the price to euro , far more then i pay for 2500 grafts fue at prohair clinic
How is the prp working out ??
Yea that was a bit expensive, and it was strip right ??

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
normally is strip mutch cheaper...

prp is done on 5 - 08 -2009 , so still to early to tell...
everything has healed verry nice , sinds they damaged my crown alot with the dermaroller , they keep rolling and rolling , and then are the injections with prp under my skin also... but everyhing has healed well...

now i hope improvements... it can take to 3 months , the problem for me is that my fue is planned in 1 month and 11 days...
but there other testpersons with prp...

they gonne do my crown , and hairline , temples
just thicking it up , i dont have any bald spots or like that...

setokun

Reaction score
I have not been very active on this forum and its been a year since i've last posted after my surgery.

I am considering doing a FUE + BHT late this year or early next year for my 2nd transplant.

I've posted a couple of pics of myself after a year.. now I cover it up with Toppik mostly and it looks ok but I think I want to do a 2nd surgery. any comments?

Attachments

• IMG_0408.JPG
    IMG_0408.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 187

setokun

Reaction score
Here's another picture...

Anyone know any good clinics in Asia?

Attachments

• IMG_0409.JPG
    IMG_0409.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 204

skyhigh1999

Reaction score
Dr. Pong in Chiang Mai or his professor, Dr. Pathomvanich in Bangkok. Dr. Path is world renowned and is also American Board certified. They both do excellent work and their prices are unbeatable.

Reaction score
This is precisely what worries meabout getting an hair transplant. Sorry if you are displeased with your results. I dont know what you looked liked before, but this is a very thin look, and I would think a shaved head is far more desirable.

PW

GeminiX

Reaction score
Without pictures from before it's hard to say if the procedure has been successful. Also looking at the size of the area, 2,000 grafts is never going to make much difference even 100% of grafts took.