Can a lady post here and introduce myself?

SeeNoEvil

Reaction score
Hello!
First of all, I hope it's ok that I'm NOT a man (because it looks like this is a man's forum, but I'm not sure). I do lots of my posting on "women's forums" but since many of the things that I've tried to help conceal my problem are for both men and women alike, I thought that I should browse around here for a little while. Maybe there are new tips or tricks that I haven't heard about yet.

Since hair loss or thin hair is a universal problem, I suppose we all have similar issues and similar things we are doing to try to deal with this situation. But first of all, here is my story....

I am a cancer survivor. I used to have beautiful long, and thick hair. During my treatment I had to deal with really nasty chemotherapy and have been (and still am) on some really powerful medications that really don't promote healthy hair. Although I didn't go totally bald with my treatment, I lost about half of my hair - therefore I have generally very, very thin hair everywhere, not in one specific spot.

Since my hair loss is due to a medical condition and continual (mandatory) medication, there is no hope in having it grow back to where it was previously. But I didn't find this out until after I had already spent a small fortune using Rogaine and many of the "special" shampoo and conditioner products that say that they promote hair growth.

So now I've changed my focus from trying to grow more hair to the special art of hiding the problem that I have. I've tried lots and lots of the products on the market and have had limited success with several of them, but usually with the success there have been lots of drawbacks too. I've done the DermMatch thing, the Toppik thing and the FullMore thing. I tried the creams like Couvre and the stuff that Joan Rivers has been promoting. I can tell you that I like the creams the very least - they are just very hard to use (I was never very good in art class!!). Hiding my scalp is a lot like doing magic. Some magic tricks are quite obvious as to how they are done, and - the really good tricks - you can't figure out how in the heck they made that quarter disappear! I hope to be the best "magician" as I can because I certainly don't like the look of my thin hair.

Anyway, that's who I am and what's going on in my life. I've had plenty of defeats and a few successes. If you guys don't mind, I'll post those in the appropriate places.

Until then,
Bye.

SeeNoEvil

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm kind of dumb. Yes, I just noticed that it says "Men's Hair Loss Discussions". Go ahead and kick me hard. I walked right in to this one!!

Can I still stay??

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
You are welcome. First of all congratulations on beating the cancer! Do not worry about the post being in the "wrong place", the Mods here are very nice and this forum is one of the best and full of alot of intelligent and helpful people. If there are any questions, please feel free to ask, I am sure you will get alot of helpful advice. We are glad to have you.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
SeeNoEvil, have you tried to use Dr Proctor's Proxiphen? His product addresses people with hair damaged from radiation.

Cassin

Reaction score
SeeNoEvil said:
Ok, so I'm kind of dumb. Yes, I just noticed that it says "Men's Hair Loss Discussions". Go ahead and kick me hard. I walked right in to this one!!

Can I still stay??

You are more than welcome here. Its no problem.

As for womens treatments...the guys here can answer everything you possibly want about rogaine, propecia (weird that you women sometimes take it) and supplements that aren't specifically geared towards a women.

But you will get more help from our sister site for everything else.
http://www.heralopecia.com/interact/index.php

Also the guys can probably find any study ever made public if you need something specifically.

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hello SeeNoEvil

You are more than welcome here, whichever section you post on, I am glad to read you beat cancer.

All the very best

Lucky

barcafan

Reaction score
Hey there! Dont worry we wont jump you for posting here, we're a generally friendly crowd!

To somewhat answer your question, i find that loreal vive pro thickening shampoo for men (I think thats what its called) is great for adding thickness to your hair, although its all artificial it does help alot, for me anyway

SeeNoEvil

Reaction score
IBM said:
Hi SeeNoEvil,

I'm gald you're here

How old are you?

Thank you Lucky for your kind words. Yes, to have come through cancer is a true blessing and a life changing experience. I now appreciate things more and tend to give more of myself to those around me.

IBM - I am 38, turning 39 way too quickly for my comfort. Yuck! But, on the other hand, I'm sooo thankful to BE TURNING 39 instead of being 38 and "holding" (and being 6 feet under). :jump: