Can anyone recommend someone in LA?

obliteration

Reaction score
I'm sure there's a ton in Los Angeles, and I don't even know where to begin. I'm sure some people here have had procedures done in LA so any feedback would be appreciated.

obliteration

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, I would have figured with LA being so shallow and image conscious there would be better doctors for that kind of thing here.

I had an appointment for a consultation with Dr. Feller while in NY once, and rented a car specifically to be able to drive to his location outside the city. When I showed up the place was closed for the day for some reason or another, and it pissed me off that I got no phone call or anything letting me know this before I wasted my time and money driving out there. It left a bad taste in my mouth so I wouldn't consider going back there.

thylax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What about Dr. Gary Perrault in Beverly Hills? Have you heard about him? Any replies would be highly appreciated. Here is his site: lahairmd.com

thylax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Did you look at his site? He is located in the center of Beverly Hills, which -I believe- is a serious advantage (if he was not good, he would probably not be there). I tried to search for him in the internet, but actually found only 1 (good) review and nothing else. His site has very few pictures, which are quite good (but very few to decide). Thanks for your reply, however if anybody knows anything about him, please reply. :)

s.a.f

Reaction score
thylax said:
Did you look at his site? He is located in the center of Beverly Hills, which -I believe- is a serious advantage (if he was not good, he would probably not be there). I tried to search for him in the internet, but actually found only 1 (good) review and nothing else. His site has very few pictures, which are quite good (but very few to decide). Thanks for your reply, however if anybody knows anything about him, please reply. :)

I'd have to agree with Dudemon, dont limit yourself to your locality, why should someone be good just because they're in Beverly Hills??
Go to one of the big names someone who has built themselves a good reputaion and can offer plenty of examples of good results.

thylax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well I visited him a few weeks ago and he showed me many very impressive pics (I am sure they were HIS pics because in each one of them he used combs with his clinic's name printed on them, to show people's hairlines). He told me that he does only 1 hair transplant per day and that he works with references; he does not care whether he is known to forums because he does not see what he does as an industry. He was very gentle in general. However, my problem is that I see no reviews of him in the internet (neither good or bad). And one other thing: He said that he works about 6 hours on each person, actually when I came to meet him it was 04:30 and the guy who had just undergone the surgery was leaving.

And something more which I believe in general. I think that some doctors have thrown people in hairloss forums to promote their work (not referring to this forum specifically or to you guys). This is just the impression I have. 2-3 doctor names are heard over and over again in the net, while it is statistically impossible that only them are so good in the whole world.

Thanks for your replies guys :)

s.a.f

Reaction score
thylax said:
Well I visited him a few weeks ago and he showed me many very impressive pics (I am sure they were HIS pics because in each one of them he used combs with his clinic's name printed on them, to show people's hairlines). He told me that he does only 1 hair transplant per day and that he works with references; he does not care whether he is known to forums because he does not see what he does as an industry. He was very gentle in general. However, my problem is that I see no reviews of him in the internet (neither good or bad). And one other thing: He said that he works about 6 hours on each person, actually when I came to meet him it was 04:30 and the guy who had just undergone the surgery was leaving.

And something more which I believe in general. I think that some doctors have thrown people in hairloss forums to promote their work (not referring to this forum specifically or to you guys). This is just the impression I have. 2-3 doctor names are heard over and over again in the net, while it is statistically impossible that only them are so good in the whole world.Thanks for your replies guys :)

I'm afraid that is exactly the case, there are a handful of surgeons (probably about 10) who can really do a great job and have done 1000's of times whilst the rest of the industry is made up of guys who do a average at best but have 1 or 2 good results and guys who are just plain butchers.

Think about it would you buy a new car that was a make you'd never heard of or would you prefer a Mercedes or BMW that has a solid reputation.

And the reason you hear the same few Dr's mentioned time and again is because their (many) happy clients are pleased to recommend them.
And yes there are a few shills who post absurd claims about certain less than great clinics but as we've seen on here time and again they are easy to spot.

Personally I believe its up to us guys to look after our fellow sufferes by only recommending the best surgeons and therefore keeping them in business, keeping up the standards whilst at the same time hopefully driving the incompetant ones out of business, thus ensuring that no more guys fall prey to the butchers.
And its not statisticly impossible at all there are many many medical procedures that can only be performed by a handful of surgeons worldwide.