Can Dr. Lee's help with FLAKING???

wastingpenguins

Established Member
Reaction score
My scalp is in hellish condition. The flakes are unbelievable. My entire scalp isflaky and scabby and slightly yellowish in some spots. Every time I get out of the shower my wet hair is covered in huge flakes.

My whole story's right here: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... hp?t=10149

Basically-- minoxidil for 8 months, didn't really help hairloss. Started finasteride about 5 months ago, hair started shedding and scalp started flaking.

I'm using nizoral and T-Gel on alternate days with a rest day in between.

My scalp keeps flakingAnd my hair just keeps shedding. It just keeps acoming out, five at a time with a wet hand through my hair, ten with shampoo. My hair is thinning, and fast, and I'm only 17.

Wow.

My derm thinks that my scalp conditions are what's causing my hair to shed so badly at the moment. Maybe not, but that's just what she thinks.

But anyway, I am quite sure that minoxidil is causing this hell of a scalp, but I'm terrified to quit because of all the horror stories I've heard.

I want to try Dr. Lee's minoxidil because I've heard it can reduce irritation. The thing is-- my scalp has no real 'irritation', and it isn't red, or sore, or itchy.

It's just... flaky. weird.

Is Dr. Lee's a possibility here?

avri

Established Member
Reaction score
Sounds like seborrhoeic dermatitis. Try T/Sal - has 3% Salicylic Acid.

avri