Can I come back from this or have i left it to late!!!!

attic

Reaction score
Started losing my hair when I was 22, jumped on finasteride at 26 for five years, no sides. During that time my hairless stopped but i didn't notice any regrowth. I stopped finasteride three and a half years ago to start a family. During that time I lost a lot of hair. I started on regaine and nizoral a year ago but haven't noticed any regrowth, gonna start finasteride again this month but just want to get opinions on my chances of any regrowth, or want i can realistically expect from using the big three.

crown crop.jpg
hair line crop.jpg

hair line crop.jpgcrown crop.jpg

now been on big three for six months, no sides noticed yet. results below. to me it looks like a little bit of thickening has happened, not sure if there has been any regrowth. I'll post more images in 3 months.

crown crop 6 months propecia.jpg

IMG_0366.JPG

Last edited:

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Started losing my hair when I was 22, jumped on finasteride at 26 for five years, no sides. During that time my hairless stopped but i didn't notice any regrowth. I stopped finasteride three and a half years ago to start a family. During that time I lost a lot of hair. I started on regaine and nizoral a year ago but haven't noticed any regrowth, gonna start finasteride again this month but just want to get opinions on my chances of any regrowth, or want i can realistically expect from using the big three.

View attachment 40752View attachment 40751

No one can realistically tell you what to expect. If you maintained on finasteride, hopefully you will again. Not to give advice, but your hair would look a LOT better short and the thinning would be less noticeable, but I understand trying to conceal your temples. imo, I would consider dutasteride if you had no sides with finasteride... or simply jump back on finasteride, see if you maintain again and consider a hair transplant. good luck brother! :)

attic

Reaction score
I do keep it a bit to long, like you say it helps hide my temples, also I use toppik every day and the length helps to reduce the chalky look you can sometimes get. Think I still just about getting away with consealin it!!! I've had a small bold spot since I was in my twenties, so just reducing the size of my current hair hole would be great.

I think a Hair transplant would be a good idea, but it's something I didn't really want to accept.

Kind of whished I'd buzzed it years ago, instead of getting caught in a vious toppik circle!! Scared to stop using it now I created an illusion of crown with hair.

Anyway cheers for response.

sp1989

Reaction score
If you are willing to work at it give it a try. I have seen quite a few fantastic success stories on these forums. I am not saying it wont be a long road and I can't give false hope but the only way you will know is if you try. I have noticed that these forums can sometimes be more discouraging that encouraging so just go for it and see what happens. Its a long road ahead but it could be worthwhile.

Maximus Hair!

Reaction score
Maybe you could try dutasteride or RU. dutasteride is more powerful then finasteride. You didn't see regrowth with finasteride, but you did maintain which is still better then continued loss while on finasteride. If finasteride maintained maybe dutasteride could regrow.

Good Luck.

attic

Reaction score
Not sure about dutasteride, or even where to get it from. Did't use regaine in conjunction with finasteride last time so hoping the combo might give me some regrowth! I'll try and post some pic in a couple of months in see if there's any progress

attic

Reaction score

View attachment 40751 View attachment 40752

View attachment 40752View attachment 40751

now been on big three for six months, no sides noticed yet. results below. to me it looks like a little bit of thickening has happened, not sure if there has been any regrowth. I'll post more images in 3 months.

View attachment 46166

View attachment 46167

most recent photos attached

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
man what was your status when previously on finasteride ? no offense to you, but that is pretty much a bald crown here . You had the same bald crown on propecia at 25 ?

attic

Reaction score
man what was your status when previously on finasteride ? no offense to you, but that is pretty much a bald crown here . You had the same bald crown on propecia at 25 ?

Am 35 now, most of my hair loss happened in the last three years, since stopping propecia. At 25 I had minimal crown hair loss.

Yeah I know the crown is bad, do you think it improved over the 6 months on big three?

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dutasteride won't regrow much more than finasteride and minoxidil would, might protect your existing follicles for longer. A hair transplant would be your only option to fix your crown and hairline. Depending on your desired hairline, you may need a couple of sessions. If I was to guess, around 2000- 3000 for your hairline and 1-2000 for your crown

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd say get on the finasteride, and consider a stronger % Minoxidil than Regaine...something that contains azelaic acid.
Some transplant surgeons would like to have their patients on Finasteride for 6 months before the procedure anyway, in order to assess the likelihood of shock loss etc.
I'm nearing 45 and since starting on Finasteride 12 months ago I have gained some minimal ground and hopefully it'll continue to maintain if nothing else. Good luck!

attic

Reaction score
I'd say get on the finasteride, and consider a stronger % Minoxidil than Regaine...something that contains azelaic acid.
Some transplant surgeons would like to have their patients on Finasteride for 6 months before the procedure anyway, in order to assess the likelihood of shock loss etc.
I'm nearing 45 and since starting on Finasteride 12 months ago I have gained some minimal ground and hopefully it'll continue to maintain if nothing else. Good luck!

Been on finasteride for 6 months now, the two photos in the first post show the progress or lack off over the 6 month period. Where do you get a stronger minoxidil from?

Think a hair transplant might be the only way for me. I where toppik everyday and just about manage to get away with it, I think. But am getting sick of the toppik routine every day!!