Can I dilute my 2% Nizoral with a plain shampoo?

outbulk

Reaction score
Hey Hairlosstalk,

I'm building up my hair loss regimen, starting with Nizoral. After using Nizoral 2% Keto shampoo for about 2 weeks, I got rid of all my dandruff, and my shedding reduced dramatically.

However, I notice that the 2% version really dries my hair and scalp, which makes it again itching and uncomfortable.

A lot of people on the forums have said that the 1% version doesn't dry the scalp that much, but I don't have access to the 1% version in my area.

I've got a very plain cheap "natural" shampoo, with SLS and such, and it doesn't irritate my skin at all. Do you guys think I can just mix the Nizoral 2% and this shampoo with a 1:1 ratio, and end up with a 1% version?

Thanks in advance. :)

shreyaskini

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Buy Regenepure or Revita instead of Nizoral :)

Rudolphus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Regenepure/Revita is better than Nizoral in that it doesn't dry the hair or scalp as much, and doesn't cause as much irritation. However, it is much more expensive, and from what I've heard, it is unknown what the amount of ketoconazole is that's in it. I use Nizoral 2% at night, and after using it I apply "Vaseline Hair Tonic and Scalp Conditioner", which is specially formulated as a treatment for dry hair and dry scalps. I leave this in overnight and then wash it out with E45 Dry Scalp shampoo the following morning. I find that by following this procedure, my hair and scalp suffer no dryness, and my scalp does not feel irritated or itchy at all.

outbulk

Reaction score
Aight guys, thanks for the input.

Yes, Regenepure and Revita are both quite expensive, I don't have the money for those.

I could succesfully dilute my cheap 2% Nizoral with plain shampoo to about 1%, works good. Only used it twice yet but I seem to have less itching.

Also, I used to have a pretty bad shedding for a couple months (losing lots in the shower and while drying my hair) but after I started Nizoral that almost completely disappeared :) The shedding was probably due to the dandruff and using Head & Shoulders (my hair doesn't tolerate it.)