can minoxidil damage a hairline

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi guys , ive been using minoxil for 3 month now , and my hairline is receding backward . So can minoxidil make a hairline worse ? or will i see better result in the month which comes . ( ive been on propecia for 19 month prior to that , with no result ). Thx

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi guys , ive been using minoxil for 3 month now , and my hairline is receding backward . So can minoxidil make a hairline worse ? or will i see better result in the month which comes . ( ive been on propecia for 19 month prior to that , with no result ). Thx

One possibility is that your male pattern baldness is strong that the minoxidil you're using won't be strong enough to overcome it.

Another possibility is that you just had a shed. These treatments often start off killing unhealthy hairs, and then replacing them.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
the thing is that iv'e got a lot of vellu hair which have appeared on my temple ,so i know that minoxidil is working on me , however the center of my hairline is thinning , so i don't know what is happening .

Bad

Established Member
Reaction score
My hairline went to **** on minoxidil, but i wanst on finasteride at the time so the hair would have probably fall eventually it just made it quicker

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
maybe my hairline was just maturing and i'm wondering if minoxidil could damage healthy hair and worsen the situation.

Secretlybatman

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm just trying my 2nd lot of minoxidil, I'm on finasteride and my hairline held pretty stable while i was just on finasteride, I think minoxidil can thin out a hairline based upon what ive seen it do to me.