Can shampoo cause permanent hair loss?

sheraz1392

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have male pattern baldness for the past 7 years and these days I am shedding like crazy, I am wondering that if the shampoo can cause hair loss or accelerate male pattern baldness?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting... they can find a shampoo that causes hair loss but can't do the opposite. Well done everyone, well done.

Jacob

Reaction score
Interesting... they can find a shampoo that causes hair loss but can't do the opposite. Well done everyone, well done.

:uglylol:

I think there are plenty out there that can help. But on their own....I wouldn't rely on it...

resu

Reaction score
If it was that easy to kill follicles why would people have to use high powered lasers to get rid of them?

Jacob

Reaction score
We're trying to regrow hair..one of the hardest things to do. It's not that it's "killing" them...it may not be helping(!)

young78

Reaction score
I guess if you have a allergic reaction it could harm your roots a friend she had one with a conditioner and she lost part of her hair and it wont grow long

rcom440

Reaction score
Totally can. I've been using revita shampoo after there was Nizoral shortage. I started shedding hair for a few months with no sign of any hair coming back. I thought it was working but I realized that its taking waaay too long. So I stopped it and got Nizoral and start using Nizoral shampoo (1% keto) again as I used it before revita. After a month I noticed my hair growing back. I think I will regrow everything now.

Long time ago if someone asked me if shampoos like revita can make things worst, I would say no way. But now after this experience I believe it can deffinetely make make things worst.

It's weird because both revita and Nizoral (US version) have both 1% keto but revita has other stuff like caffeine and copper peptides. I used both in other products and everything were fine. Revita has whole bunch of other stuff company who makes it don't want to disclose. They don't disclose the percentage of ketakonazole.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
Revita has whole bunch of other stuff company who makes it don't want to disclose.

like what? What might they include that could cause hair to fall out, and why would they? Wouldn't that be totally counterproductive? What ingredients are they hiding?

I don't think there's a conspiracy here, just that you had a bad reaction to Revita for some reason. It happens

They don't disclose the percentage of ketakonazole.

are you implying that it might have too little or too much keto? They don't specify the % of any of the ingredients - I don't think it's an attempt to hide anything, just that they don't feel it necessary since it's not designed as an anti-dandruff shampoo like nizoral is.

rcom440

Reaction score
like what? What might they include that could cause hair to fall out, and why would they? Wouldn't that be totally counterproductive? What ingredients are they hiding?

I don't think there's a conspiracy here, just that you had a bad reaction to Revita for some reason. It happens

Well, I'm not saying they add ingredients that cause hairloss to revita on purpose. They just added whole bunch of stuff, they disclose just some of them not all (check package and booklet included). They disclose ketocanozole, bioton, copper peptides, emu oil, and a few other. But there is other stuff that makes revita. It seems to me they took whole bunch of ingredients to fight hairloss and thrown them together to make this shampoo. It's a good marketing strategy to have many ingredients that "should" fight hairloss and promote hair growth. The problem is, for example, copper peptides need to stay on the scalp for around 4 hours to get absorbed.

Anyway, in my case revita shampoo did some damage which I'm recovering right now. I think there could be some ingredients interaction but then again its hard to say since they dont disclose all the ingredients.

Jacob

Reaction score
I wonder if it's a case of them saying/having something on the website and/or booklet and/or packaging but the ingredients have changed and it hasn't been updated in the booklet or whatever.

rcom440

Reaction score
I did some research but I couldn't find exact ingredient list. Some people who's been using revita for many years said this shampoo was great a few years ago then they changed the ingredients and it went down hill. I was giving this shampoo chance since it has ketakonazole but damn it did some damage to my hairline. I'm slowly recovering now.

I was using revita for quite some time thinking it will kick in and hair that I shed start growing back. Unfortunately it didn't happen while I was using revita.