Can someone help with a quick ?

Basketballhead

Established Member
Reaction score
I went to CVS to get some nizoral and it the box said 1% non-prescription strength. Should I get this or do I need 2% nizoral? OR is T-gel better?
Or do I even need it because I am not suffering from dermatitis and do not us a topical treatment.

Currently my regimen only consists of propecia once a day since I am in the early stages of male pattern baldness Is it worth it for me to use NIZORAL every few days? I figure using 2 out of the big 3 probably wouldnt hurt...any advice is very helpful Thanks.

G

read the "Why you better be using Nizoral!" link in the upper left of this page (under 'MAY Articles From HairlossTalk')

in most male pattern baldness cases there is inflammation of the scalp even though it may not manifest itself in redness or itchyness, so you scalp looks and feels fine but deep down there somewhere there is cellular inflammation which is promoting male pattern baldness.

I use 2%, many here use 1%

Ty

twmajors

Established Member
Reaction score
From what I've read in many responses to your question - 1% is just fine. I use 1% in conjunction with minoxidil and fincar, i've only been using them for a little over a month and am already pleased with the results.
You can use T-gel for better effectiveness on the days you don't use Nizoral, originally t-gel was the shampoo used in the clinical studies of propecia.

G

NO prescription needed for Nizoral 2% in the U.K, don't know about the rest of the planet

drinkrum

Reaction score
In the U.S. you will need a prescription for the 2% Nizoral but as tynanW so coyly mentioned, this is not the case in other countries.

With regard to Nizoral vs. T/Gel: Just try each one and see which one better suits you. If you have no problem with Nizoral, then using Nizoral a couple times a week and T/Gel the rest is not a bad idea. But for some people like me, Nizoral really dries out the hair and so I only use T/Gel everyday.

D.

Hess

Established Member
Reaction score
Why don't you use a conditioner after Nizoral? It does really help.