can someone please explain how spironolactone/revivogen combo works?

cruiser

Established Member
Reaction score
i guess this is the next best thing if you cant take finasteride right? any input would be appriciated, thx :D

Bismarck

Reaction score
The ingredients of Revivogen are the following:

Procyanidin Oligomers
Gamma Linolenic acid (GLA)
Alpha Linolenic acid (ALA), Linoleic Acid
Azelaic acid, Vitamin B6,
Zinc
Saw Palmetto Extract.

B6 and Zinc = Zix has been considered to be bullshit, the same for Saw Palmetto. Bryan also said that there is no convincing evidence that Azelaic acid does anything in vivo against DHT. Does that mean that half of this product is worthless?

bis

cruiser

Established Member
Reaction score
HairLossTalk.com, sounds like a possible alternative more unfourtunate people like me who CANT handle finasteride. are these both avail. without a perscription/consutation? would i still use min 5% 1x a day? do you apply rev and spironolactone at the same time? thx :lol:

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Cruiser -

Revivogen is available on this site without prescription. spironolactone Lotion is available on minoxidil.com and you can email them to obtain a prescription from Dr. Lee who runs the site. Then he dispenses it.

I apply Revivogen once a day, as you probably would want to. Apply the spironolactone two times per day once morning once evening. Revivogen is good to apply in evening as well so you can wash it off in the morning and not have as much irritation.

Make sure you are using Nizoral as well.

HairLossTalk.com

cruiser

Established Member
Reaction score
HairLossTalk.com, thx for the input. do i still use my minoxidil? can the am application of spironolactone and rev. be done at the same time? any negative sides from this combo? if done religiously is it possible to get the same results as finasteride? thx--

viperfish

Reaction score
I would highly recommend the spironolactone 5% if you are going to use a combination. I tried a combination with the spironolactone 2% and it caused alot of irritation for me.

cruiser

Established Member
Reaction score
wouldnt 5% be stronger and cause more irritation? do i still use minoxidil?